Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Getting Snagging completed

I am due to collect the keys for my new property on the Atlos de bahia complex in La Mata on the 24th Jan 2005 I have been informed by our agent Medsea that the apartment has been checked by their own people and is ok, however if we find work that we are not satisfied with we still have to pay the final sum and Medsea will make sure the work is complete, the pool is not completed and will be finished for this summer!. I have concerns that when the builder is paid it will be difficult to get him to return, (in england I would hold back money from the final payment until all works had been completed a further 2.5% retention of the full purchase price would also normally be held for 12months to cover any proper defects that become apparent during this period), can anyone coment on their experiance's and the assistance given by Medsea or their agent!
    Thank you

Hi
    I tried to reply to you yesterday, but the site would not let me!

We bought through Medsea , their after sales service is very good and they do not charge any extra for the service.

If you are in a rush for minor snagging jobs because you are not in Spain for long and the builder can not fit you in Medsea have a handyman who will do the jobs for you.

We were the first to complete on our Urb, the pool was not finished but it is very nice now.

If there are any specific questions you would like me to answer - just ask

Sue

Comentario

We too bought through Medsea & although they didn't do anything particularly wrong, they just didn't really do very much at all !
      Someone did come around to snag the property before we arrived, but only one of the things they found was done by the time we got there & we'd spotted that months before
      The same person came back whilst we were there but didn't spot half of the things that we did & still no-one came to do anything before we left
      The main complaint was that the whole place was simply dirty. Everything was covered in brick & cement dust & there were foot prints in places that Houdini would have struggled to get to
      The general standard of work by Urmosa is high, its just a shame that they didn't give everything a good going over before completion
      The only long standing issue is likely to be the terrible way that the roof has been left - with the tiles covered in mortar. This is going to be difficult (and dangerous) to get off, and from the solarium it's really noticeable. We're going to have to do this ourselves now that grilles are up as the builders are not getting the keys to the new locks - no way !!
      Although we didn't try it, I'm afraid that holding any of the money back as a retention is unlikely to get you your keys. The main thing is to get in there before completion & have a good look around so that you can spot anything really serious
      The pool is coming along. At new year it was dug out & the shell was fabricated from brick. Other neighbours told us April for that

Comentario

Hi SMB

Try these people www.re-a-sure.com several people we dealt with used them, and they seemed to get the job done, although I can't speak with personal experience.

Good Luck

Comentario

Snagging

You can always try www.insoectahomespain.com who offer this service locally

Comentario

Thank you for all your comments which will by useful for my visit next week, from memory window grilles/bars are part of the purchase but a door grille is not, can anyone recommend a company/person that could supply and install?

Thank you

Comentario

Would be interested to know how you go on with your snagging.
              We too have bought in Altos De La Bahia (phase 9) and are due to complete in March 2005.
              Have just received photos showing that the pool has been started but the inner roads and pavements still require a lot of work.
              Good luck

Comentario

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X