Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• BULL RING ALTOS DE LA BAHIA BULL RING

Have just returned from signing and paying for my apartment overlooking the Bull ring area and was advised by the Builder that this land belongs to the town hall and will be used to site a school and the bull ring area will be used for commercial shops bars etc, they were very sure about this but did'nt know when the building would start, but the land has been cleared so hopefully very soon!!

SMB,
    I also heard there were plans to convert the bull ring into a shopping complex (buying an aprtment further up the hill). Can't be bad for the area as long as they provide adequate parking facilities.

Comentario

bull ring

I was about to ask if anyone had any idea what had developed here. Our apartment is just up the hill in Phase V and we watched the bull ring being pulled down last August. I thought that some work might have started by now, it will be handy having some more shops and restaurants nearby, but then again as this is Spain it could be years yet before work even starts.

Comentario

Lorraine,
        According to SMB (and my agent hinted at this too), work may already be underway on the shopping complex. I'm sure the Spanish authorities would be considering the boost it would bring to the local economy/jobs, not to mention local taxes from the shops.

SMB,
        Not sure about the idea to build a school on what is likely to be a busy section of road though. Is it a primary or secondary school? Any idea where I could find links to local council information?

Cheers
        UT

Comentario

There was no work being carried out at the Old Bull ring site when I was over last week.

Perry

Comentario

bull ring

I wrote to the town hall some time ago, found a link to it somewhere but cant remember now. Anyway I emailed a map of the surrounding area which at the time was all wasteland and asked them what the future plans were. They were kind enough to send me back a map which I would be happy to share with you if you like but basically it shows all of the individual Manzana's with the proposed number of houses, greenbelt land etc. It shows the area between Ave Diana and Gabriella Mistral as being Greenbelt at the top, a bit in the middle roughly translated as "cultural education centre" and "tertiary" at the bottom nearest to Gab Mist. What the eventual outcome of the latter 2 may be is still not that clear to me but I dont think it is a school.[/img]

Comentario

Lorraine,
              I need to familiarise myself with the area (I hardly recognised any of the names .

Could you please email the link/map to me at dn555_@hotmail.com

Many Thx
              Denis

Comentario

emailed you Denis

Comentario

Lorraine
                  I was out in March and no work had been started while I were there. I am just so glad that they'd stopped killing bulls before we bought 3 years ago.

Teeder

Comentario

Bull ring Altos

Where is this Bull Ring it is near the La Cinuelica site down near the new Punta prima = Villamartin Road or if you could send me the map so I can work it out, but would be interseted to know where you are talking about.

Comentario

It is miles from there it was roughly here,

http://www4.mappy.com/sidwWHZo39KZjr...1=724&x=10&y=9

Perry

Comentario

Very interersting change of planning consent went through at the monthly council meeting.

It's going to be reopened as a kangaroo fighting ring. APPARENTLY, this is massive business in Australia and huge crowds attend every week. The mayor said that the 'roos wear boxing gloves and do not suffer. A major sponsor has been found "Estoy Tomando El Pelo" and Pedro believes this "will add to the touristic offering of the fastest growing town in Spain." He claims that the first professional bout will be a year today and that in the meantime there are going to be amateur wallaby fights starting in late December (28th, he hoped) He claims this will mean an extra 1,200 hotel rooms will be needed to house the fans who he claims will come from all over Europe. Sadly, he also agreed to licence another 6 brothels and, bizarrely, a kangaroo stud farm which will be built by Atlas right next to the Masa Hotel. Atlas claim the farm will be built in 6 months but it may be that the rampant 'roos will have to do their "dirty deeds" at the back of the Hotel Eden if their claims are like some of those for the humans!!
                        Must admit I have not seen kangaroo fighting so I am looking forward to it.

At the same meeting the mayor banned frog frigging and made Torrevieja una ciudad no taurina y no ranina. This "sport" is a variation of a Basque game where a live frog has a bicycle pump shoved up his "nether regions" and the winner is the person who gets the frog to explode first by pumping the frog up like a balloon. Pedro continued that George Orwell even wrote a book about this "Coming up for Air." In days gone by unemployed Basque miners would dispense with pumps and simply blow them up directly from their mouths. There were cash prizes for the winners - as much as a month's wages!! Sadly this would make many frogs defecate - hence the origin of the Spanish expression "beso negro" Fascinating stuff - quite put me off my breakfast.

So as another month starts, Torrevieja will once again be all over the Spanish press tomorrow. Today for a murder and a suspicious death - tomorrow for exploding frogs.

Comentario

Fantastic news Steve, even in the entertainment world "variety is the spice of life"
                          Whats more I await with baited breath for the outcome of the council meeting on 1st April 2006 !!!

Comentario

When I looked at the drawings for the Roo Ring I was shocked to see that the walls had to be made 8 metres higher
                            to stop the kangaroos jumping out. A further report said the whole project might be scrapped as San Miguel had
                            denounced the project as it was to be sponsored by Fosters Lager.

It's just so sad.

Perry

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X