X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Help/Advice required!

Hi everyone,

Next week I fly over to Spain with my wife and 2 children (ages 5 & 9) to complete on our house in Torrevieja. However, first of all I have to go and get an NIE number for my wife and myself (the house will be in joint names) from Alicante. I am aware I need to get there early. so I am aiming to get there for 6 a.m.

Is this early enough?
    Do all 4 of us need to stay in the queue at all times - kids will get bored?
    How long is it likely to take in February?
    Are there any toilets nearby - you know what kids are like?
    Are there any cafe's nearby?
    Where can I park?
    How do I get there from Torrevieja?

If anybody can help with any of the questions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Gonnel

Help

Have you asked your agent about taking you. Yes you do have to be in the queue early and yes both of you have to be in queue at same time if you are not when they come to issue your tickets they only give tickets to the people that are physically standing there. Our agent Atlas are taking us, we are going on 21 Feb as we arrive out their on 19th although our place is not ready till end of year but agent advised us to get the NIE number any time we were over. Dont know anything about how to get there or whther parking etc. What you really need if you could get somebody to look after your kids because you will not be back till at least 1.00 pm that is what we have been told. Would offer to look after your kids but they may be funny with strangers. Where is your property. My daughter and her boyfriend are with us the first week but the are not going with us for the NIE nuber.

Sorry this is all the help I can give.

Dorothy

Comentario

Hi Gonnel.

The following was posted by Lilybeth on 12th Jan.

We tested the process last Friday to get our NIE numbers.

Arriving at Alicante at about 7.15am, joined the right hand queue with about 60 people in front. By about 8.45 the queue had grown sideways in front to over 100 with several hundred behind us. We found most infront of us wanted other documents, work permits I think, we had numbers 31 and 32.
      Waited for our numbers to come up, we had 1 form each (as obtained in above postings - also available at the desk) with our passport plus copy and 1 unsigned photograph. took less than a minute to hand over asked to return at 1.00 pm.
      Walked in just after 1.00pm given the NEI paper with number and out within 5 minutes.
      Found out only 50 forms were processed that day so GET THERE before 7.15 and wait

Lilybeth

Comentario

THERE IS A SMALL CAFE/BAR ABOUT 100 METRES AWAY WHICH GETS BUSY.YOU CAN TAKE TURNS TO LEAVE AND GET DRINKS EARLY ON.
        THE OFFICE IS ON A SLIP ROAD FROM ROUNDABOUT ALONGSIDE A MOTORWAY.TRY TO AVOID TAKING CHILDREN AS IT CAN SOMTIMES GET A BIT HEATED WITH PEOPLE PUSHING IN AND A LOT OF SHOUTING ETC.

Comentario

Sounds like Lunar House in Croydon where the asylum seekers hang out! I used to visit there when I was a Civil Servant, thankfully, as I was on official business, I was allowed through the back door!!!

Comentario

Thanks for your help everyone.

Unfortunately we aren't using an agent (private resale) and we can't leave the children with anyone as we are on our own.

I am not looking forward to this one bit!

Gonnel

Comentario

NIE number

I wonder why you are going to Alicante, I bought in Ciudad Quesada and applied to, and picked the number up from, Elche. The journey was enjoyable and the waiting comfortable both when I applied last September and when I went to pick the Number up in January this year. I also think the actual process is easy and the need for any assistance is minimal. Email me if you require directions.

Comentario

Roy and Val,
                I think the reason a lot of people go to Alicante is because you get your nie number the same day instead of having to wait for weeks.We are bracing ourselves for it in April!!
                Sue

Comentario

There are two sides to the NIE story.

I got mine last year, June, in Alicante and it went like this: -

9.30 arrive and be issued with a ticket.
                  11..00 submit my completed forms etc.
                  1.15 Collect my number
                  2.15 Pint of Mahou in Playa Flamenca.

Go with an open mind, and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Comentario

Comentario

Hi Gonnel
                      I'm afraid it's a bit of a lottery - the NIE experience.
                      We got our NIEs about a year ago - thought it would be less crowded in February.
                      We're buying in Almoradi so our agent made the enquiries as to where to get the NIE and then took us to the Ajuntamiento at La Zenia. Queued for two hours, barely moving (no kids with us thankfully!) At one point the woman processing the NIEs came out of her office and disappeared for about half an hour -think she went to do a bit of shopping. When we finally made it into her office we handed over our documents. There was then a bit of a shouting match between our her and our agent - we'd come to the wrong place - should have gone to Elche!
                      Day 2 - repeat process going to Elche police station. Got there at 9.30 only to be told by a miserable official on the door that the entire stock of 50 waiting tickets had been handed out that was it - come back tomorrow.
                      Our agent tried all ways to get around this official and eventually slipped past him to the enquiry desk (next to the NIE desk!) He then managed to get into conversation with the woman on the NIE desk and persuaded her to process our documents. one and a half hours later after the 50th ticket we got our NIE numbers - this process took less than five minutes.
                      Good Luck!

Comentario

Allen,

It's true - the clerk at the Playa Flamenca Ayuntamiento opens the door to her office at 10am to start processing applications, and then takes a 30 minute coffee break at 10.30!

Utter madness.

Chris.

Comentario

Hi Chris
                          .........yes her disappearance did start a bit of a buzz in the queue - still I suppose you need a break to get you through to siesta time.......how do you get a job like that?

Comentario

i took a friend to get her nie from alicante in july it went like this

got to alicante about 10.30am
                            office is about 50 yards from the main bus station
                            if you stand looking north with the bus station and sea behind you take the road off to the far right corner, walk past 2? bars on the right hand side of the road, cross to the left hand side and in front of you on a corner is big old building, enter, get in the queue, take ticket
                            go shopping or go to a bar, walk down to the sea, a macdonalds or quite a nice shopping mall is there
                            go back about 1.30pm and pick up your nie number

er thats it

the only reason the guy let her get her application in so late was typical womanly charm
                            definitly would recommend getting there early though

what you need to do is head into the center and find the nearest underground car park (there are a few) and then ask for the main bus station

Comentario

THE OFFICE IN ALICANTE HAS MOVED SINCE LAST JULY. ITS A TAXI RIDE AWAY FROM THE MAIN BUS STATION.THEY DO A LOT OF OTHER THINGS AS WELL AS NIE NUMBERS THATS WHY ITS SO CROWDED AND YOU HAVE TO GET THERE ARROUND 6 AM.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X