Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Driving requirements

I know this is an age old subject but can anybody clarify EXACTLY what i need to carry in the car whilst driving in Spain to stay legal.
    I would like to know what is compulsary and what is only recommended as some sites i have visited say i even need a spare fan belt with the tools to replace it. Seems a bit o.t.t to me but if thats a compulsary requirement then who am i to argue.
    All advice would be greatly appreciated.

You need an ASton Villa scarf to be on display at all times

Comentario

Hi Bluenose.

My understanding is that the following items are compulsory:

Two warning triangles (one for in front of the car, the other for behind)
      Spare set of bulbs
      Spare wheel
      Spare set of glasses (if needed for driving)
      One reflective safety jacket for each person in the vehicle (these must be carried in the vehicle - not in the boot).

If the car breaks down, anyone getting out of the car must wear a reflective safety jacket (hence the reason for carrying them in the car) and a warning triangle must be placed front and rear of the car a distance down the road to warn approaching vehicles.

Any items other than these are 'recommended'. People will try and sell you items like first aid kits and fire extinguishers and quote laws like the French one that says if you come across an accident you must be prepared to assist. They will tell you that if the car you come across is on fire, you must therefore have a fire extinguisher in order to be able to assist, and thereby save yourself from prosecution. Complete rubbish, frankly. It is a good idea to have a fire extinguisher, and a better idea to have a first aid kit, but neither are compulsory.

The following link may be helpful.

http://www.aer-net.co.uk/edr/spain.htm

HTH,

Chris.

Comentario

With regards the requirements to carry warning triangles, high viz waistcoats etc. I hire a car each time i come across and with regards these regulations contacted carjet whom i always hire through to ask if they were supplied. Received a reply stating that i should take my own any one else had that experience. Oh! contacted the Spanish Tourist office in London who said that they should be supplied note should. Even worse am i supposed to carry spare bulbs, fan belt for what model of car as usually you never get the type of vehicle you order. So now i need an extra suitcase for spare parts and emergency equipment.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X