Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Garden Furniture

I have two questions. My house will be ready at Easter and my first task will be to buy some garden furniture in Spain.

a) Where is a good place to buy garden furniture with a good range and reasonable cost. Are garden centres, DIY stores or supermarkets best?

b) What tips can others give me about buying garden furniture? I envisage having some white plastic stuff, table and chairs and loungers. Does this deteriorate quickly in the Spanish sun? I also want to buy a set of wooden table and chairs. Is there anything I need to watch out for when I am buying?
    Someone advised me to advoid metal table and chairs with glass top - anyone know why?
    PaddyW

Comentario

Hi

For your garden furniture, try this place and I apologise for my poor directions !

If you take main road through Pilar de la Horadada toward Campo Verde, once you leave the main town and go past the petrol station by the football ground there is a garden centre and DIY store on your left handside.

Thay have a massive selection of outdoor furniture to suit most tastes and also deliver free to your house if your purchase is too big.

Comentario

Garden furniture

Paddy W if you E-mail me jdcolby1@aol.com

Comentario

We have been in Spain for several years and have gone throught he usual cheap supermarket green and /or white furniture. Cheap at first but in the long run VERY expensive.
          In the end we decided to go to the local metal worker (rejas, or grilles or call them what you will) and have a base made to our size and then have a pice of marble cut to fit the base. We then bought some expensive cahirs and have used them for the last 12 years.
          Expensive when we bought them but far cheaper in the long run

Comentario

Garden furniture

Sounds like a good approach. Could you give me some idea of prices etc.
            PaddyW

Comentario

Comentario

Wooden garden furniture

In an ideal world I would like a wooden table that could be extended to seat 8. It would probably cost the earth but does anyone know where I should look?
                PaddyW

Comentario

Hi there,

As people have already stated there are plenty of places to get garden furniture but take my advise and get the best you can.

In England you need a good three piece suite but in Spain you live outdoors and you will probably use it all the time.

We are not resident yet but when we come over for good the B & Q wooden garden table and chairs is comming with us - It was a good one and worth every penny.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Dave D.

Comentario

Effect of sun on garden furniture?

Can anyone tell me what effect the fierce Spanish sun will have on wood or plastic garden furniture?
                    PaddyW

Comentario

A very beautiful and elegant new furniture set! Thanks,

outdoor living furniture

Comentario

You will have to varnish the wood every year to keep it looking good, as with everything here if you lok after it it will last longer, plastic just hardens up and breaks eventually but will last if you store it in a cupboard or the likes. Unless you have a covered patio dont buy wicker it looks vey nice but will rot in the extremes of heat and rain. And the furniture above is classy but expensive

Comentario

RE: Garden Furniture

Hi,
                          Thanks for the information..i would like to know should I prefer plastic furniture over wooden? Although the plastic furniture is very cheap, I have been told by my friends that it tends to wear out quite rapidly as compared to the wooden one..Can anyone guide me on this please..
                          Editado por última vez por johndavis709; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/5707-johndavis709 en , 08:23:56.

Comentario

I would go for aluminium and mesh it keeps its looks and doesn't rot as quickly as the other options

Comentario

Thanks for sharing! I came accross a very interesting website with more info on this product:
                              http://www.archiexpo.com/architectur...hair-1062.html

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X