Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Monitored alarm

I have recently purchased a new bungalow that has a pre-installed alarm system.
    I have been offered a monitored contract with the company that did the installation. The system will be monitored via a mobile connection. It appears that the cost is 6 euro a month?.

Can anyone tell me if this correct and around the normal cost for this service and advise companies that do the same type of service

Ta

George

Comentario

6 euros a month sounds incredibly reasonable for a monitored system!

Comentario

What's the alarm like - how many sensors and door trips ? Check out the costs of extra sensors. If the monitoring includes maintenance then it is a bargain at 6 euros / m.
        Where is the main sounder / siren ? Can it be heard outside ?

The main use of an alarm seems to be to make a lot of noise and frighton the burglers away. All othjer responses are normally hours behind.

Comentario

Hi Elmcroft. Not all response alarms are slow. As I posted earlier in the year my granddaughter set off our alarm one afternoon.

Before I had got to the panel to turn it off my mobile was ringing. It was the alarm people to see if I was in my house. Whilst I was explaining that it was a false alarm and trying to turn the thing off someone started to ring the gate bell.

I opened the gate to find a six foot security guard looking at me. Within 2 minutes he had support!!!

The guard did not speak English so I handed him my phone to enable his control to tell him all was indeed ok.

I live on Cabo Roig and they park on the urbanisation for much of the day and night to improve response.

I will be keeping my alarm and am very happy with the service.

I do not know if this applies to all urbanisations but the security is certainly visible to anyone who ventures on to Cabo Roig.

Just my experience.

Cheers

Bob

Comentario

I think it is very very reasonable as well. I am just wondering if I am missing something.
            The draft contract is in Spanish and that is why I was wanting some other costs to see if I have got it correct. Every room has an IR detector and internal siren in the lounge. Other people have taken the offer up and they then get a plaque put outside stating that the house is protected by a monitored alarm company. I have not seen an external alarm box yet.
            I will check it out when I am across in January as I did not have the time when last over and will advise of the actual cost.

Forger
            What is the name of the company you use?

George

Comentario

Hi George.

The bank statement says C R A C 24 SL.

You get a couple of signs put up on your property when you sign up.

Do not have contact details here in UK but I am sure someone can post them.

Regards

Bob

Comentario

I have been watching this post with interest. I am the press liaison officer for the Costa Blanca Neighbourhood Watch. Yes, 6 euros is far too low to be a realsitic figure - somewhere between 25 and 40 is more common BUT it may be that the developers/agents/builders have an arrangement with the company for the whole urbanisation and are subsidising the contract. Well done,guys. The concept is that if every single house on an urbanisation is covered then the scumbags will simply not bother and move onto another area. I saw this at Altea this week. 380 apartments - all with alarms, video intercoms, controlled access to the whole urbanisation, remote controls for the locked garages etc VERY impressive. As it had ben costed into the project and as it was part of the design and build, it was all part of the community fees. In other words nobody knew what it was costing and all felt happy. To date - not one single incident. Compare that with new urbanisations in Quesada and Playa Flamenca.

Yes, you are right to question it but if that is the true figure that you personally will be expected to pay then snatch their hands off. None of the other legitimate "big boys" Securitas, Prosegur etc can get anywhere near that on a one-off. (Tragically!)

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Steve

Yes, you are right to question it but if that is the true figure that you personally will be expected to pay then snatch their hands off. None of the other legitimate "big boys" Securitas, Prosegur etc can get anywhere near that on a one-off. (Tragically!)

If something sounds too good to be true......

Comentario

George,

I use CRAC 24 and have found them to be nothing less than swift, professional, and customer-orientated.

You can contact them on 00 34 902 10 44 00 (Tel) or 00 34 966 68 17 67 (Fax) or info@crac24.com

Comentario

The Theorist.

I suggested a reason why this figure might be so low. At the end of the day, SOMEBODY, has to pay. In this case, it may well be the developer etc. Let's see.

Comentario

I agree it will be very interseting

Comentario

Monitored Alarm

As it happens my wife had a call yesterday and as I thought it was to good to be true. Although I still think it is a reasonable cost. Apparently it is 19.50 euro a month.
                          The company is called SUMMA. Has anyone herd of them or any views on them.

I will see when I get back to Spain and no doubt use them just exactly what the full cost is.

I will post and advise.

George

Comentario

Yes, I know SUMMA. You don't see them much in Torrevieja. They are based in Murcia and seem to concentrate their efforts there. Normally, their 19 euros offer means that you have to BUY the system at over 400 euros BUT, as I say, this may have been included by the developer etc. If you do have to pay 400 euros for the system I think there are better offers BUT if the 19 euros +IVA is all you have to pay then it seems an excellent offer.

Comentario

FORGER ad DOCTOR KEEPER,
                              what do you pay for the CRAC alarms that you have and how many monitors etc do they have? Do you need a land line? Any info is welcome.
                              Thanks.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X