Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• WOK

Help please. Could someone point me in the right direction for buying a wok. I have looked on the market stalls and in many ferretarias but haven't seen one yet. Thanks.

CARREFOUR

Comentario

OH dear - my least favourite shopping spot! But thank you very much, Trevorjo87. Presumably that is just a normal wok not an electric one?

Comentario

Comentario

That is hellishly expensive. I have two I bought in London for about a couple of quid each from a cheap Chinese supermarket a few years ago.. Best to comb Chinese supermarkets for the basic ones. Non-stick is a bad idea. The really traditional ones are better.

Comentario

Comentario

Get a cheapo flight from Ryanair and go to Gerrard Street in London (short walk from Leicester Square). Enter any Chinese supermarket that does kitchen supplies and buy a cheap iron wok for a few quid. get the next cheapo flight back and you would probably still be quids in on the price out here, it seems. I swear mine only cost two quid about eight years ago and they seem to last for ever. It is large enough for a greedy family stir fry and big enough to swing if you have the muscles for it (I do).

Comentario

Try the Chinese supermarket in Torre

Comentario

Wok from Carrefour is very reasonably priced. Sometimes they sell it with couple of other items to go with it.It is non stick

If you are considering of buying it in UK then M & S do a nice one, it is heavy and nonstick & comes with a glass lid, will last you forever & is pleasure to use. In the long run this would be cheapest option

Chinese chefs usually use steel woks, which look burnt even after good cleaning, they call it seasoned wok. But do you really want to spend hours cleaning ( instead of enjoying sun ) when non stick is so easy

Happy cooking !

Comentario

Comentario

Agree with you there, Beastess.
                      Anyway, thanks to all for their help.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X