X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• martial arts in torre

hello evey one,
    myself and my fiance are moving to torre in a couple of weeks and were wondering if anyone now's of a gym that trains ju jitsu?

if any one has any knowlege then we would be most gratefull,

many thanks, Rich and charlene

oh and hello to all at dream hills!!

Comentario

Has anyone come across any martial arts in or close to Torrevieja, that practice in ordinary clothes?

Comentario

Comentario

ok, thanks.
          how far from torre is san pedro? it is towards cartagena (villa martin?)
          not really looking for karate, more after something that myself and my g/f can do together.
          if you could ask around for me though, that would be great, as i say,
          ju jitsu would be ideal.

once again many thanks
          Richie

Comentario

San Pedro is slightly less than halfway to Cartagena. Still not sure if there is jujitsu but the studio on the N332 seems to have a greater variety than most of the gyms in Torrevieja. There is Taekwondo at Pilar sports centre and judo at Torrevieja sports centre. Kung Fu in a Gym in Torrevieja, Capoeira in another. I took Beast along to karate for a while but it was a bit much for him. Can be a bit of a strain on a relationship when a couple are sparring. I never felt wholly comfortable with beating him up every week. I think most Martial Arts have women students on equal terms these days although women tend to be in the minority.

Comentario

Many thanks for the info, I have done karate and tae-kwondo, but found the best was an informal wing-chun in the UK that I used to do before moving toSpain, this was done in ordinary 'street' clothes, and seemed to make a lot of sense, especially, if one of your aims for doing it, is for self-defence, as these type of clothes are the ones that you will be wearing in a real-life situation. But each to our own!

Wasn't there a post from someone on here a few months ago, that was looking to start something similar? Have searched the boards, but the archives have been deleted ;-( So any ideas anyone?

Comentario

I have done a few classes in Mind Body and Spirit Kung Fu with a guy who wrote on the previous posts - perhaps this is what you are thinking of. I think it is wonderful for self-defence. We should see him again soon. Do you want to be put in touch? I intend to continue doing it with my son for self-defence but keep the karate going also for body strengthening, keep fit, tradition, etc.

Comentario

I used to love wing-chun. Their best song was 'Dance Hall Days'.

Comentario

Many thanks for the info, yep, if you have his details, please send me a message. Although, I'm really looking for a good 2 hour session once a week, in ordinary street clothes, concentrating on self-defence and the 3 S's = Strength, Suppleness and Stamina, but perhaps he will do this.

Thanks again.

Comentario

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X