Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Hi there
    As Chris suggested, get your safe sunk into the floor. Ok we did have ours put into a wardrobe but it is sunk right in so the door is level with the tiles in the wardrobe floor, this way it is less likely for the scumbags to be able to crow bar it. We had ours done by someone who Darren from Santa Rosa Property Services knew. Havent got details to hand but search posts something may come up. It cost us 250 euros and that included the digital safe with over ride key backup and fitting. They removed the tiles, drilled a hole in the concrete and then sunk the safe, added concrete to secure and replaced the tiles. Very noisy but a great job. We would never go for one fitted onto a wall or even just bolted on the floor as they are too east to remove.

Comentario

We too own in Parque de las Avenidas 2 2b.
      I hope you will enjoy your apartment as much as we do, we have our U.K house for sale at the moment and are looking to move over a.s.a.p.
      With regard to the community fees, we have a 2 bed ground floor apartment and pay 54.73 euros every 3 months. We also have to pay a one off payment for the pool maintenence of 30 euros and have to pay up for any other ridiculous ideas that our President (Jesus) comes up with.
      The community is currently being taken to court by our old cleaning contractors. The reason for this is that he sacked them without giving them the notice required. He is a very unpopular man amongst a good few of the community, but we only have until November and hopefully he will be voted out. I would advise you to ask your solicitor about this, the last thing you want is to join the community and have to pay for court costs!
      Please feel free to ask me any other question and I hope to see you out there one day.

Comentario

Hi and thanks for the info re community costs and the heads up over the possible court action. I've sent the info onto our sols, but hopefully it wo't effect us seeing we were not in the cummunity when the action was raised.

We are coming/going out on 28th this month for the keys.

Cheers

Sean

Comentario

If you're unhappy with your president, and have sufficient support, you should be able to call an Extraordinary General Meeting for the purpose of voting him out and replacing him with someone more suitable. If he is acting unlawfully to the detriment of the community (i.e. by sacking the cleaners outside the terms of their contract) and incurring additional unnecessary expense, this shouldn't be a problem.

I would suggest you have a word with your solicitor / administrator.

Chris.

Comentario

Doc

Thanks for that. The problem is that not too many people go to the meetings and they don't really give a proxy vote. Also he does own quite a few proxy votes himself! Its already 15th September so November isn't too long. The damage with the cleaning company has already been done.
            I just hope that people will bother to vote at this meeting to get him out before he makes any other costly mistakes.

Kent 1975

Comentario

Comentario

Hi Dermot, thanks for the info. Strange why you and kent1975 stay in the same building, yet you pay 35 Euros a quarter more than he does. Is your apartment 3 bedrooms?

Originalmente publicado por kent1975
                With regard to the community fees, we have a 2 bed ground floor apartment and pay 54.73 euros every 3 months. We also have to pay a one off payment for the pool maintenence of 30 euros and have to pay up for any other ridiculous ideas that our President (Jesus) comes up with

Comentario

Sean

I have just checked and we definately pay 54.73 euros a quarter.
                  I have a list of how much each community member has to contribute so if you wanted to find out the exact amount you will pay I could tell you.

Kent1975

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Kent1975
                    Sean

I have just checked and we definately pay 54.73 euros a quarter.
                    I have a list of how much each community member has to contribute so if you wanted to find out the exact amount you will pay I could tell you.

Kent1975
                    That would be fine ta. What do you need from me?

If you have access to email, i've an old account at sb_select@hotmail.com we can use (then i'll give you my proper one) if you want to take this off the board.

Comentario

Kent1975,

Ask your president or the administrator for a list of all the owners. That way you will be able to canvass support and get proxy votes in your name prior to the November meeting. Then, bye-bye president.

Chris.

Comentario

Sean

Have left you an e-mail at the address you gave.
                        I will be in the apartments on the 28th so I may see you around. Hope everything goes to plan.

Kent1975

Comentario

My Hubbie put a safe in for us.

He took out a tile from the bottom of the wardrobe (by breaking it and getting a new one from the builders), then dug a great big hole underneath. Using reinforcing irons, he made a frame around the safe so that it was completely surrounded by the irons and couldn't be lifted out, then filled the hole using 5 bags of concrete round the whole thing to cement the safe in, leaving enough room to get the door open, of course.

With the tile back in place on top, and all your stuff back in the wardrobe, you wouldn't know it was there, and even if Mr Burgler found it, he'd need a jackhammer to get it out!!

It's a bit of a fag when you want to get things in and out, but worth it in the long run I think.

Comentario

A friend of mine fitted a digital safe in the floor, problem was the batterycontainer was situated in door, so when he closed it the batteries fell out and he couldn't use the keypad. Fortunatly he also had a key in case of battery failure. So be careful.

Comentario

Comentario

Dermot

Where did you get this information that the president has resigned?
                                We were at the meeting and it went on for four and a half hours!
                                At the meeting it was suggested that he should resign so that he can carry on with the "maintenence" and be paid but we were told by Concha that he can't resign.

kent1975

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X