UK Benefits in Spain

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Hi ItsSpainNotUk. Do you actually live in, or around Torrevieja? The house we very nearly purchased was just outside Torrevieja, in Quesada. One of the reasons we changed our mind, after we got home, was the rumours we heard about the 'Russian Mafia'. Is there any truth in this? I have to admit the people dealing with us, at the development company were all Russian, but they appeared very nice. We loved the beach at Guardamar (spelling ?). Our niece has just bought a place there, so we are hoping that the rumours are wrong.
    Cheers
    Tony

Comentario

Hi Tony,
      I live in Scotland with my holiday home in Playa Flamenca. Do not know much about Quesada. I have heard half the properties in Tenerife were owned by the Russian Mafia, this was many years ago. I would expect they own properties all over Spain as do other organisations and countries.

Maybe some of the residents in Quesada can reassure you.

Regards

John

Comentario

Sorry got confused , I'm not getting DLA, I,m on Invalidity Benifit, which I am fully entitled to and was receiving long before I moved to Spain.

Comentario

Benefits in Spain

Hi Tonytee
          When I enquired about getting long term incapacity benefit I was told I would continue to get it if I was resident in Spain but only for the period of time it was awarded. When it was due for renewal I would only be able to re-apply if resident in UK during the previous six months. I dont know if this still applies.

Comentario

Quizmaster, thanks for your reply.
            We were very surprised when you said that you were getting DLA in Spain as my husband who is 52 was told that he would definately no longer receive DLA if we moved to Spain.
            Another question, you say that you are considered to be a pensioner in Spain and are so entitled to all the health benifits that go with being a pensioner although you are well below pensionable age. How are you able to do this?

Comentario

PS Quizmaster,

There is no such thing as Invalidity Benefit!

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X