Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• driving in spain

i am visiting Torrevieja very shortly and will be driving in Spain (or abroad for that matter) for the first time!!!! is it essential to have a car, or is the public transport of a decent standard, and how difficult is it to get from the airport to this destination by car?

yours hopefully

Although not essencial if you can drive you will save yourselve a lot of time by hiring a car. Public transport to urbanisations is almost nil at this time of year although Taxis are fairly reliable its better to have your own transport. Torrevieja is easy to find from both Alicante or Murcia airports Get a map of the Costa Blanca . Also look up directions on TheAA or RAC sites.

Comentario

I would hire a car and pick it up at the airport. You can drive to Torrevieja along the coast road N332 which is one lane each way so easy to drive or use the motorway which is longer but takes about the same time. Airport to Torrevieja is about 35 minutes. The roads are very good so you will not have a problem.

Regards

John

Comentario

We have just come back from a hectic weeks driving around the Torrevieja region visiting building sites, notary office, tile warehouse, town hall and of course the beaches We found everywhere easy to find and well signed from both airports. Carjet.com from Murcia airport are very reasonable and even upgraded our car for nothing. The only thing to watch out for is when you want to turn left you generally have to go right and round a one way system or to the next roundabout and back... it is easy once you've done it a couple of times. Put it this way we had no "close calls" in Spain but have had many since we have been driving back in England!!!

Comentario

Hello rich280370
          I will be using Murcia airport for the first time next year and I was wondering what the car hire position is. I have always used Alicante which has about 10 different car hire firms and lots of choice in terms of vehicles. I am a little worried that everything will be more limited given that Murcia is a much smaller airport. A neighbour of mine in Spain had to wait 4 hours for his car to be ready at Murcia in August this year.
          What has been your experience?
          PaddyW

Comentario

We've had no problem booking with premiercarjet online. The cars have been provided by a range of companies but it has always been quick even if the operation has operated out of a van. We've had quite a lot of problems with late aircraft from and to Murcia.

Comentario

Hi PaddyW,
              We booked Carjet on-line which was simple and we received a voucher which told us to pick up the car from the Solmar desk... despite us landing 30mins early the car was ready and as previously mentioned, we were upgraded free of charge. The car was in mint condition and all in all we were very pleased with the service and would certainly use Carjet again. The only problem we had was having to dump the car on the exit road as the airport was very busy with it being school holiday time.
              Rich.

Comentario

Here Here! Carjet is the place to go. I always search tones of hire companys and everytime carjet seems to be the best deal going. Booked 5 times now and never had a problem

Comentario

Driving in Spain has improved greatly in the last few years compared to how bad it was in the recent past!

One thing to look out for though is a lot of the Spanish drivers tend to go the entire route around an island in the outside lane so if you do it the way you do in England you need to grow a third eye to check for the Spanish who'll drive into your side when you attempt to exit the roundabout.

Still the odd nutter about too. Having said that I left the UK 20 years ago and went back last year on a visit and I have to say the standard of driving there has rapidly declined and is almost equal to Spain now!

Comentario

Car Hire at Murcia Airport

We found car hire at Murcia Airport to be excellent last January. The car hire desks were in the same hall as the lugage carousels and we were actually able to get the keys of our (pre-booked) car from the car-hire counter before our bags appeared.

Comentario

We hire a car because by the time you pay taxi fare to and from airport it works out just as cheap. check out a web site called doyouspain. We've used them a lot, they always give us the best deal and never had any issues at all. Watch out for fuel charges,most companies try to say take full and bring back empty, always ask for full tank return if you are there for less than 1 week,it works out cheaper that taking the full tank option. Also insist on walking around the car to start and detail all faults. never been a problem but best to be sure from the start. Car hire in spain seems more relaxed in spain that UK, not so fussy about car inspections on returns so just be one step in front.
                      Happy motoring, remember keep right.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X