Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Buying a new car

Has anyone info on buying a new car? What documents are needed? Everyone I ask seems to say different things...

Hi Susie.

I have no experience of this but know that you will need your NIE, and suspect that you will also need an up-to-date copy of your Padron (i.e. not less than three months old).

Chris.

Comentario

I bought my car 6 months ago and providing that this is the same as I did and a cash deal then Doc is right. Your NIE and padron are required. I didnt have a padron at the time and had to make a sharp trip to the town hall to sort this out!!!

HTH

Mel

Comentario

buying a car

Mrs Jester, thanks for your reply. We have been told by the town hall that we cant have a Padron yet as we are not resident yet and still in rented accommodation. They said that if all we want to do is buy a car then we go to the police and get an NIE.... and that we dont need a Padron....But the car dealership wont sell us a car without it...GRRRR

Comentario

Hi Susie.

This was confirmed on the Legal forum where Fontanals stated that non-residents had to own property to be registered on the Padron. As you are buying a car can I ask whether you are intending to be resident? If so, you may be able to sign on the Padron if you can show them that you have started the Residencia application process. Just an idea.

Chris.

Comentario

I bought a new Ford car in June of this year before I registered on the Padron. The car was bought from the main Ford dealer in Pilar de la Horadada and all that was necessary was a copy of my NIE and a copy of my passport and of course the necessary funds. I am certain of this because the car was bought in June and I did not get my Padron until July. I also provided a copy of my last insurance renewal note from the UK showing my no claims bonus entitlement and insurance was arranged over the telephone with Linea Direct enabling me to drive the car away as soon as the registration documents came back from Alicante.
            I have found that in so many things here in Spain the rules appear to be made up according to the whim of the person concerned. If it appears that a sale will be missed it is amazing how often things can be made to happen!
            Macg

Comentario

God bless Retailers and the power of the sale

Chris.

Comentario

buying a new car

they have the NIE, copy of passport, copy of rental agreement AND the money .... and they STILL want a Padron to register the vehicle, so they say. Well, if they dont want to sell us the car, we'll go somewhere else! Anyone got a new Honda 4 wheel drive for sale?

Comentario

I think I'm right in thinking that they need your padron so that they can make sure that they have the details of you and your town hall for your Car Tax.

I am living here but as a non resident and when I did my Padron I was living in my parents house with no renatl agreement. I have also been married for several years so do not carry the same surname on my passprot and have lostr the long version of my birth certificate, so I had nothing except my paremts word that I was their daughter.

However, when I went to San Miguel Town Hall, we had no problem and my Padron was signed and ready the next day.

The town halls usually want more people to sign on the padron, as the more people they have sign on theoretically the more money they are entitled to!!!

My new challenge comes now that I have to redo my Padron for my new address!!

Good Luck

Comentario

buying a new car

yep, sent them the padron today and its something else they want.... something to do with tax bar codes....!!!!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X