Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Builders

Nothing has changed but without naming names I along with others saw the Notary today to commence legal proceedings against the building company whose name we all know! As I said yesterday this is the advice of the lawyers. How they managed to get us into this position I dont know. You cant sue everybody. I guess the more of us that have been treated this way (no Escatura! having payed cash) that consult lawyers the sooner the matter will be resolved.

Surely you should have got an Escatura even if you paid cash. Or am i just being stupid.

Comentario

True. But I trusted a certain large International Estate Agent to sort everything out as they promise in their literature.

Comentario

who knows the latest on a certain builder
        you know the one he refuses to sign

for peoples deeds is he going under
        yes is the word on the street

Comentario

Fly 380,

Did you use the lawyers recommended by the agents?

Bernie

Comentario

Yes Bernie I did so I guess you know who I am talking about.

Comentario

Yes I know who you mean. They were recommended to us as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of their jobs that you pay them for to check for any incumberances etc on the land ? Hmmm!!

Bernie

Comentario

You are correct. Their excuse is that in 25 years it has never happened to them before. Not a good excuse. Would you fancy sueing a firm of Lawyers? To add insult to injury we are having to fund the action against the builders ourselves. Its all very well being wise after the event but you just assume you are dealing with proffessionals as you would in the UK.

Comentario

Comentario

If this forum is not the best place for discussing these issues I would be grateful if it was possible to communicate with interested parties by email

Great idea Harry x!!

Comentario

Solicitor and communication

We have visited the solicitor's and have been advised that the maximum amount of monies payable to take court action will be 12% of the total value of your property when purchased.
                      You can stop the proceedings at any time.
                      It is hoped that it will be settled out of court ( but do not hold your breath)
                      Do not assume by winning a case that you do not have costs to pay, the Judge will determine who pays what amount of the court action.

Yes we agree that the ' estate agent' for want of a better word has let us down.

It is better to keep your cards close to your chest in that you do not want to alert the estate agent as to what action you intend to take, as this will for warn them and they will be able to take counter measures to mitigate that action. This said you should raise your concerns with them if you feel strongly enough about them

Reference communications
                      Certainly in our case we have passed on information to others within our community and I believe that this has been passed on to others at other sites.

This method of correspondance seems to suffice as long as you do not name names.
                      [/i]

Comentario

Comentario

This is beginning to worry me. I have a document which says that there are no outstanding mortgages on the land which my house occupies. What is this, we were given it at the Notary's? I gather that people have been given a sum of money by their solicitors when they received their title deeds, 1000 Euros or so. However my solicitor when I spoke to her said that all had been completed financially. She said that they would hold my title deeds for me but I have written to her to check that she actually has them!

Comentario

Hi suzy

I wish to clarify the situation re monies back from solicitor, we paid a cerain amount of money to our solictor to cover all legal costs, approx 4% of the purchase priceof the property. this was at the start of the purchase process. This percentage amount was clearly shown in the Agents literature

When we received our our deeds i.e.the end of the solictors involvement, some 2 years after the purchase date we were presented with final account

THis account showed what we paid initially, what costs the solictor had incurred and any monies due or owing.

We received almost 1500 euros back from the solicitor (a very pleasant surprise I can tell you!!) and upon speaking to a number of people who had bought thru the same agent almost all had received a refund. yet other neighbours who had bought thru different agents received no refund, although it must be said they may have paid a lesser amount initially!!

It has to said that our solicitor had the advantage of having our money (and an awful lot of other peoples money) for over 2 years thus making a lot of interest.

Regards

Glynne

Comentario

Mine charged 3% in total on the same day as we made the final payment on the house. There was no money in advance. Hopefully my solicitor has our deeds and we are OK. We will find out shortly I suppose.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X