X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• External wall finishing

Hi everybody,

can anyone tell me whether the wall finish that is like coloured granite chips (in fact that maybe what it is!!) is called goto or gota or gote' granite or something similar , where can you buy it in bulk - Tabisam?? and how you apply it to the wall - can you render over a painted wall or do you have to strip the existing back to block work first - any suggestions any help would be much appreciated

bridgie

I don't know what it is called or where to get it but I have watched in applied on my property.

Basically a layer of cement is spread over the wall and then smoothed over. Then the granite granules are kind of flicked at it and they stick.

No pre preparation took place and the results are still fine on my property.

Comentario

Granite pebbles

We bought ours for our outside wall from a builders merchants just through Catral on the right hand side of the road as you are going from Rojales. Sorry I do not know the name of the builders merchants but I am sure someone on this forum will know which I am talking about. It is not expensive.

There are several colours available Gres, Rosa etc. It is applied like rendering and then you throw the granite pebbles. It is best to just do a small area at a time because it goes off very quickly and the pebbles won't stick then.

Comentario

Hi
        This is called Gota Gram I believe, you have to have special cement for the job and you get it in the colour that the marble chips are in for the best effect, render the wall with the correct colour then just throw the chippings at it, then gently pat with a flat trowl when it has gone "off" a little, Practise makes perfect so do somewhere that won't show at first.
        Good Luck
        Wendy

Comentario

external wall finishes

many thanks for the advice

bridgie

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X