X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Electricity rating

Hi all

I have the 5.75Kw electricity supply feeding my house in playa flamenca(main circuit breaker is 25A). I already have an electric hob installed but was hoping to put in an electric oven as well as i intend to rent the house for the summer - just wondering if the supply is rated high enough for this.
    I don't have air-con installed in the house

Thank you

At 5,75Kw / 25A, you already have the higher rated supply. The normal one is usually 15A.

Should be plenty.

Comentario

Thanks for reply. I was just surprised to see a 25A main circuit breaker for the entire house in spain because back home the oven alone would be wired through a 40A circuit breaker

Comentario

It's their way of controlling the peak load - there's not enough generating capacity. They effectively limit each household to 2 or 3 main appliances at a time.

Comentario

32 amp circuit breaker is required for an electric oven in Spain and wired with 6mm cable for safety reasons on a dedicated supply solely for the oven.

Comentario

Hi cbram,
            A lot of us have had this problem and I too looked at increasing the supply and found that I was on the 25a so the thing to do is to get distribute the loading as best you can.In my fuse box there are several circuit breakers for different uses. One says other uses(OTRO USOS) This usualy causes the problem of over load.Another circuit breaker was for the washing machine so I put a multi plug socket on this plug point and I use it for other things when the washing mashine is not in use ie; condensing dryer.This is the item that broke my camels back and with using the washing machine circuit it as balanced the loading out.I have ac -heat and that as not been a problem ,and I have put in a bigger water heater ,these are both on seperate circuits. It is when you overload one circuit that that the breaker goes.It is a balancing act that we do not have in the uk. archie

Comentario

We have asked our builders to request an upgrade in supply to 9.2kw. It will cost us slightly more in standing charge and unit price, but with lots of appliances, 4 air con units etc. etc. we decided we wanted the maximum available through Iberdrola as we had been reading posts on other forums about people having to switch off some appliances to be able to use others.

Comentario

Unfortunately one of the problems lies in that electricians in Spain (whom believe they are gods) don't wire houses in the same manner as those in the UK. A ring circuit is unheard of. The alway use a radial circuits and this isn't capable of the same load as a ring circuit.

Radial circuits are ok if you have a minimal amount of sockets on the radial, such as one to a cooker or shower etc.

All houses in Spain should also be fitted with a 32ma circuit breaker (life saver). I've seen many that aren't and it is the law to have one.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X