Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• UK small electrical appliances

We have a number of small electrical appliances, eg toaster, coffee maker, ice cream maker, moulinex machines, hair dryer etc. etc., These would be expensive to replace when we move.
    What have others done? Can you cut off the UK 3 pin plug and fit a spanish style plug or use an adaptor? Does the difference between 230v and 240v make a difference to the running of these appliances?

Macg

Hi

All those small electrical items will work fine in Spain, like you said either replace the plug or use an adaptor.

Andy

Comentario

Any suggestions as to where one can get hold of an American/European voltage converter, please?

Comentario

Further to request above, someone suggested El Corte Ingles for the voltage convertor. Tried that without success. Any other ideas? please.

Comentario

I fear that you may have to replace that piece of kit.

Comentario

Just checked with one of my Holesalers
            http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/perl/search.pl?search=usa
            Don't know if they will deliver to Spain
            If you have a friend visiting who is travelling light, maybe they could bring you one over. Depending on which one. The heavy duty onescan be quite heavy.
            Hope this is helpful.

Comentario

IanB, Many thanks for that link. I will get 'he who understands these things' to take a look and see what he thinks. Cheers.

Comentario

Red dragon
                Noticed they do export but cost may be prohibitive.(will find out on Monday)
                What appliances do you need it for.
                If per chance it is one of the smaller ones I may (space and weight in suitcase permitting) be able to bring one over on Wednesday.
                Ian

Comentario

Appreciate your kind offer, IanB, but it isn't urgent. Thank you for the thought though.
                  When we left our previous place, we packed a variety of appliances in our shipment, all US-type. To date they are still in the packing boxes! In retrospect and looking at the prices for new in places such as MediaMart(?), it wasn't worth the effort or cost of shipping. We should have just sold them on; but it's always easy to know what's best in retrospect.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X