Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Ikea store in murcia???

I have heard that Ikea is opening a new store in the Murcia region at the end of 2005.I wondered if anyone else had heard the same thing or had any more information.

Heard the same thing. Believe it was confirmed in the local press quite recently. Can't remember if it was in Murcia or Cartagena.

Comentario

There are jobs at Ikea Murcia being advertised on Spanish recruitment sites, and on the Ikea homepage they are looking for a head of maintenance for Murcia - job posted on the 15th january.
      I read in the Spanish press last year that it was due to open in March - I would assume from the recruitment drive that is correct!

Comentario

Article below from www.thecbfriday.com

Chris

Comentario

Thanks for that -we complete on our house at the end of next year(hopefully!!) and wouldn't mind furnishing it from Ikea as their stuff is so reasonably priced but the stores elswhere in Spain were such a long way from where we will be and it would probably cost as much again to get there and back with a load of furniture,so that is great news!!

Comentario

I am surprised that the new Murcia store is opening so soon. I contacted the IKEA head office about 3 weeks ago and they said the new store would be open either at the end of 2005 or early 2006.

Has anyone been to the site and seen whether any building work has started?

PaddyW

Comentario

In the meantime You could try this one. They have great prices too, and knowing Ikea I seriously doubt that it will pay off to drive all the way to Murcia.

I recently visited that brand new furniture shop in Torrevieja. It's called Scandinavian Design and the owner is Danish.

They have the most wonderful furniture in the light Scandinavian style. Prices are very fine. I just had a look in there because I passed the shop by accident, but I will for sure go back. The owner told me, that the shop is based on a very big furniture company in Denmark.

Try it if You are looking for something totally different from the heavy and dark Spanish style, which is generally overpriced.

The address is Calle Goleta 10. It's on the corner of Calle Goleta and Avenida de la Purissima.

Went there again and bought a very nice TV rack. They have a website www.scandinavianfurniture.net

Comentario

According to this site Ikea Murcia are opening in November

http://www.lukor.com/not-neg/empresas/0406/02141244.htm

Comentario

That looks like bang up-to-date info. I must admit I thought Spring was a bit ambitious, even though the report I saw was dated October last year.

Lukor looks like a good site to practice my Spanish reading, too. Thanks for posting the link.

Chris.

Comentario

The proposed opening date is around the 9th November, they plan a 'soft' opening on the 6th and the 'proper' opening approx 3-4 days later depending on construction, service, merchandise and staffing situations.

The interior fit out is scheduled to start on 29th August, with a review and layout update meeting due on 19th October, assuming that the layout is acceptable, stock deliveries will commence on 23rd October with merchandising completion scheduled to complete on the 7th November.

Local marketing and advertising, detailing the opening 'date' should start around mid Spetember.

According to sources.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X