Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Driving on the Costas (this one is different)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Driving on the Costas (this one is different)

Whilst in Torre last week the dearly beloved tried to get the hang of driving on the "WRONG" side of the road for the first time in 20 odd years.
    I must admit that I am not the most patient of instructors and needless to say a very large G&T was required to calm the furrowed brow! Therefore as we will be moving to the area in August I think it would be a good idea to get some professional help with this situation .

So if anyone can recommend a driving school or similar (must be English speaking) to reaquaint my wife with the idea that it is normal to sit in the passenger seat and drive at the same time I'm sure that both of us will be forever grateful!

Happy to see you can have fun about it!!!!

Have you tried giving her one of those childrens pretend steering wheels to use whilst over here you drive and she pretends to drive on the wrong side. It would make people smile on the way to work in the morning.

Sorry I can't help with a driving school but you gave me a smile this morning after a night of misery (neighbours car alarm has been going off all night and he never heard it)!!!

Comentario

Hi groucho633,
      They have driving schools in Spain,but they are totaly different to what we are use to in GB.Most of the learning is done in a classroom and the cources vary depending on your pocket.Your wife can obviously drive so it is just a matter of confidence.Wait until you have moved out and get one of your neighbours who as lived out in Spain to sit with her.
      I have driven all over the world but some of the driving I have seen in and around Torrevieja takes the biscuit.
      My own point of view as changed; I had a car I was keeping in mothballs to take to Spain and decided to sell it and to buy a left hand drive car out there.That is my own opinion having watched people in right hand drive cars overtakeing buses etc.scary stuff.
      all the best archie

Comentario

im a full qualified driving instructor (A.D.I) in the uk and have a place near torrie i could take her out in your own car for a small fee if you like wont be to much, i'll be back out on the 18th july till the 27th and then again in aug for 2 weeks
        regards colin

Comentario

Many thanks Colin you sound just what the BOSS neeeds. However as our purchase is "off plan" we have no rigid arrival dates and so can not arrange anthing yet.

If anyone else has any other ideas to deal with this problem of the "Bosses" mobility then PLEASE respond so that World War Three can be averted.

If anyone woulld like to PM me they can on the "other" site as this question has been raised thereand they allow such things

Groucho633

Comentario

Colin Just added the old e-mail address as this might the burdon from my shoulders!

Comentario

im over quite often so we'll meet up some time

regards colin

Comentario

Whatever age you are when you start Help me pass there’s always an element of excitement and obviously, a few nerves too. For those embarking on driving lessons for the first time there’s a lot to take in and remember. Not only have you got to negotiate the car itself, you’ve got to sit theory and practical tests. It can be a very daunting, yet exciting time. Being able to drive gives you a huge amount of flexibility and freedom and can open doors for you in your social, educational and working life. That is why we at Andy1st driving school in Barnet look after you every step of the way. However large or small your issue or problem, we will have someone on hand to help.

The London Borough of Barnet is in North London which helps form Outer London. It is the second largest London borough based on population and the fourth highest in terms of area, 33 square miles in total. It is littered with places of interest, parks, and nature reserves and boasts no less than sixty-seven sites of Importance for Nature Conservation. With an array of shops, restaurants and cafes, there are plenty of places to visit. So, it’s simply down to you to get learning, passing your test and you too can get out and about with family and friends.

Here at Andy1st we pride ourselves on the high standard of tuition we provide. All of our instructors are trained to an excellent level and are all monitored by the Driving Standards Agency to ensure the standard is maintained. We have male and female driving instructors, can be flexible with regards lesson times and are able to collect and drop off our pupils at locations that are convenient to them. We believe that we are more than just a driving school delivering satisfactory driving tuition. We offer a whole lot more if you come and learn with us.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X