Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Warning! Pickpockets

Last week one of my friends visited me for the first time. As we boarded the bus at the Fontana Hotel,around noon, a young man pushed in front of me. He was talking to the driver whilst holding both handrails effectively blocking me off. He then left with a young woman who had been close to my friend. Smiling, he said 'sorry' to me. When we sat down we discovered both mobile phone and money was gone from my friend's small purse worn over her shoulder.Typical scam, create a diversion whilst the accomplice operates the light fingered touch.

Sorry to hear of this. This has happened before at that very bus stop. It's been a BAD week - vicious attack in Quesada on Belgian lady, French woman raped on the beach and no less than 5 break-ins at ALdea del Mar.

PLEASE be on your guard. Make sure you are not the next statistic. Things have got much better here over the past few years - let's keep it that way.

Comentario

Just a thought Steve, as you rightly said, things have been getting much better here. Do you think the events of the last week could be caused by "the World Cup", in other words excesses of alcohol etc, or could the arrival of holidaymakers have something to do with it?

Comentario

God I will be glad when the football is over but I don't think we can blame this sort of crime on the football.
        The weather is getting warmer and there are more tourists about and this is what the scum are waiting for.
        People are more relaxed and drop their guard.
        It is still a shame for the people that are targeted.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X