spanish will

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

I need to make out a will asap to put my house in my children's names.

I live here full-time and they live in the UK.

WHAT will I need to take with me to get this done ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por CountryFan Ver Mensaje
      I need to make out a will asap to put my house in my children's names.

I live here full-time and they live in the UK.

WHAT will I need to take with me to get this done ?

Any help greatly appreciated !
      You can make a Spanish will to leave your house to your children BUT you'll need to see a lawyer to change your deeds 'to put my house in my children's names' if that's what you meant.

Comentario

Spanish Will

From reading the article " More facts about fiscal residency " in last weeks RTN it is also important to be a fiscal resident in Spain for 3 years for your spouse to receive maximum relief of inhereitance tax.

This was also mentioned when the DWP gave their talk here in Torrevieja. Something else to speak to a solicitor about.

Hope this helps

Roy

Comentario

Wills

Cyril,

Sorry to bother you but, I have tried the number you posted on a few occassions and it just rings.
          Do you know if there would be a good time to ring Teressa ?

Many thanks.

PS Lot of Northeners in here, let me add my bit, COME ON BLACKPOOL!!!!!!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por wherearethe_euros Ver Mensaje
            Icicle - do you still use Jeremy Metcalfe?
            Hi
            We are trying to contact Jeremy Metcalfe - tel number just rings out. Does anyone have the up to date number if you stll use him?

Comentario

We have just been through the end product of making a Spanish will (English also) our son died in Spain almost 12 months ago aged 34; he made both a Spanish will and an English one. No problems with doing that except when it comes to life insurance payouts! He specifically left his part of a joint apartment to my wife and I (as we were joint owners) because he wanted his children to inherit when they reached the age of 25 as was specified in his English will also (his brother and I were his executors and totaly ignored). If you don’t go through the insurers legal rules properly and specify who you want to inherit there is a legal precedent of entitlement IE- Wife (unless divorced/deceased) Children then Parent and this applies to the UK as well. We had no problems with the children being beneficiaries except that they are underage (as far as their father was concerned) and is worrying that they will have a large amount of money at their disposal. Therefore we cannot honour his wishes (for all monies to be held in trust) which are very upsetting to the family. The company who has expertly dealt with our legal affairs including wills is ABACO Asesores...Maria Parodi....8-3....Tel 96 670 3750...I would highly recommend them, also they now have the knowledge of life insurance rules to be able to advise you.
              Editado por última vez por pickers; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/575-pickers en , 19:48:18.

Comentario

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to hear about your loss and the legal problems you had.

We will ring this company and see how much they charge for submitting tax returns for us as we just cant contact Jeremy Metcalfe.

Comentario

I have to say they may not be the cheepest but we find them honest, reliable and extreamly helpful we have used them for 5 years now

Comentario

Have also tried teressa on number given, some guy answered and said they dont do wills??????

Comentario

I`ve forgotten how much ours cost. What I would like to know is the legal costs and the Abogado help you get, when a will is being implemented.
                      DH

Comentario

Aroca charge €150 Euros, and despite what peeps may say I've always had fab service from them (touches wood!)
                        My apartment is in my sole name and i am leaving it to my husband.
                        I wonder if its worth getting him an NIE number? Any thoughts? (not wishing to de-rail here)

I'm doing my Will end of May, bought property 5 years ago (married 2 years ago) and lately it has been seriously nagging on my mind to do one.
                        I'll post if I have a nightmare with Arcoca!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X