Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Any good golfing Societies.

I am moving here in May and own a property El Limonar Paraje Natural and I am looking to join a golf club but one that will accept a 34 novice (worked to hard in the UK to play).

It seems quite easy to join a club but not so to join a society anyone have any ideas.

Cheers

Nick..

Murphy's on the park. Near Park of Nations.

Comentario

From reading the golf reports in the local press, there seem to be plenty of societies about here - some within Golf Clubs, e.g. Las Ramblas and El Plantio, and others attached to localities, e.g. San Miguel, La Marina etc. and even more attached to establishments such as Paddy's Point, Murphy-Sweeny, etc. Although they are happy enough to report on their activities in the press, not many of them give contact names so that newcomers can try to find out a bit more. The Golf Guru in these parts seems to be one Ivie Davies who writes articles for just about every paper. He has an email address which I can't put my hand on right now but will try to find if you're interested. His daughter used to post on this forum - perhaps she still does and will oblige with further information. Are you out there KimBinks? Unfortunately. much was lost in the changeover to the new format here. HTH, RD.

Comentario

Thanks I do agree that the change over on this forum whilst a huge improvement we have lost a lot of information what was there.
        If you have any contact numbers or an e-mail address I would be gratefull.

Cheers

Nick

Comentario

Golf Societies

Hi Nick

I contacted Ivie Davies last year when I visited and he was very helpful. His e-mail address at that time was golfdavies@terra.es so hope you are able to contact him.

I am going to be in Torre with a couple of mates in late April and will be looking to play a few rounds of golf.

Comentario

Ivie is normaly very helpful and is the name for costa blanca for golf.
            You can phone him on 966786685.
            I spoke to him and joined Torrevieja golf society last year. They play three Mondays each month. It's normaly a good day out.
            There are many golf societies around and most give contact details in thier write up's in the local papers and Costa Blanca news.
            Not sure where your place is but there is a new society being formed out of Happy Days bar/rest. on the Cabo Roig strip. Pop in and put your name down if your near by.

Comentario

Comentario

I've never had a problem getting onto any courses due to societies being there. Usualy I book a couple of days ahead but have ocasionaly just turned up on the offchance of a game. If on your own they can normaly send you out to make up a fourball.
                If you manage to join a club for 1600euro let me know where it is.
                Problem getting memberships is the price. You need to be there all year to get your moneys worth.
                I'll be there over easter so if you fancy a game send me an email and i'll give you my mobile number.
                sa_thomas@hotmail.com

Comentario

Nick - there is a La Siesta Golf Society. Were you aware?

Comentario

There is a company based in south Torrevieja which organises golf and transport mainly for UK groups and it is possible to get places with them at short notice to make up numbers.
                    They charge the same as the golf course and the price includes transport, quite a few local expats use them as a way of getting people to play with and no hassel organising golf. e-mail is clydegrove@btopenworld.com

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X