X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Police Clamp down on Airport Taxis

Hi,
    Can anybody out there throw any light on the police activities at Alicante Airport, i have been informed that they have been stopping so called illegal taxis and questioning both driver and passengers. we are coming out Sunday 13th August so i would appreciate any quick replies.
    Regards
    Uncle MoMo

Hi Uncle Momo.

The authorities at the airports quite often run campaigns to catch illegal taxi drivers. These are the people who offer 'airport transfers' in people carriers. The fact is that taxi work in Spain is almost exclusively the domain of the native Spanish. To get a licence to undertake this work is nigh on impossible. Hence, the 'airport transfer' guys are not registered taxi drivers, and will therefore not have the correct insurance to cover their passengers in the event of any incident.

If in doubt, get into a marked taxi at the airport and be confident that you are properly insured for the duration of your journey.

Chris.

Comentario

I am getting a bit paranoid about going to the airport these days. I seem to go fairly often as we get many visitors coming to stay with us. My brother, my wifes sisters etc. I obviously do not charge them but I am always a bit edgy in case some nutty taxi driver thinks I'm doing illegal taxi runs.

Comentario

Actually, thinking about it, when we go out for dinner, say on my brothers first night here, when the bill comes, he will say "I'll pay for that, after all you picked me up from the airport".

Is this payment? Am I a criminal?

I also wonder how my insurance company would react if I had an accident coming back from the airport with a passenger (my brother) who I clearly picked up, on board. I wonder if they would try and say I was being paid and therefore my insurance would be invalid. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried this to get out of a payout.

Anyone had this happen?

Comentario

I think that if it's family you'd be unlikely to be labeled an illegal taxi driver. Ask your brother to change his reason for picking up the bill!

If, however, you picked up a stranger and they bought you a meal for doing so then a) yes, that would technically be hire and reward, and b) you'd be (in my eyes at least) a little bit odd!

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X