retile swimmingpool (whilst still full)

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• retile swimmingpool (whilst still full)

hi,

Our community pool (Torrevieja) has quite a lot of loose tiles (small mosaic) at the bottom of the pool, and this seems to have attracted the children who dive to the bottom and start to pick these tiles off, consequently we now have a few black patches at the bottom of the pool where all the tiles are missing.

I do belive there is a resin/adhesive/glue that can be used to re-tile the missing tiles at the bottom of the pool (whilst still full of water) the reason for this is that it would be to expensive to empty and refill with water.

Appreciate if anybody know's the name of this product that can be used.

Thanks

delboy

We are on a new urbanisation and our pool has some tiles that have come off. Our pool man has said he can fix them with the water in.
    Unfortunately I won't be out there until Friday and will be staying for just over two weeks so if you don't get a response before then I will gladly find out for you.

Comentario

Hello Oneday

Apprecaite a reply from you, once you are in Spain

Thanks

delboy

Comentario

delboy99

The following link may be of interest:

http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardex_x7.asp

Comentario

Hi all you may be on our complex one day, as we too have dislodged tiles we are marbella golf the builders arent to keen to help but the president has cornered our administrator who will corner the builder and apparently they have got to empty the pool to repair the tiles.As doing it whilst full is very very very expensive!

Comentario

Hola Dellboy and Jo
            Just back from Spain (fantastic time)
            Sorry but the pool man said that the pool would have to be emptied before the tiles could be fixed ....Sorry.

Yes Jo I am on the Marbella Golf and on the day I left some bright spark dumped something in the pool (who knows what) and the pool man was going to empty it. So the the tiles will get done sooner than later.

Comentario

Our pool was retiled last winter and whoever our urb used, got these huge balloon things and stored all the old water in these until the pool was retiled, then refilled the pool, with the old water. This was a success except one "balloon" was burst by yobs one night, but I still guess it saved loads of money.

Comentario

oneday

Thanks for all your help.

Squeal,

Have you any idea who the company was that managed to retile your pool, filling ballons should be a cheaper way than empting the complete pool and refilling..

Thanks

delboy

Comentario

I will try and find out for you, but the only problem is that nearly our entire committee is Spanish now and my Spanish is only very basic at the moment, but i will try and find out early next week.

Comentario

squeals,

I really appreciate this...

delboy

Comentario

If you only have a handful of tiles to replace then the best bet is to use epoxy resin. I'm not talking about Araldite or products where you mix two tubes together ( a glue and a hardener) but proper marine epoxy resin which boat owners use to make repairs below the water line. Preumably you can buy it here at a ships chandlers, there's one on the way into Torrevieja from the Crevillente road. Basically it's a tube of gunge wrapped in cellophane with a different coloured central core. When these two substances are mixed together and applied as a seal, even under water, it dries rock hard. You'll never get the tiles off again even if you wanted to! I had an indoor pool back in the UK so I know how effective this product is. I assume you can get it here given how many boats are docked here but if not get someone to bring it out from the UK or surf the Net.
                      Best of luck,
                      Steve

Comentario

Hi, in the short term, I do not have the details of any of our committee as I threw the minutes away, having little room to store paperwork. Looking on our notice board it no longer says who the presidente is. However the adminstrators are on 965710355 and must have paid the bill and should know who we used. Or they maybe able to furnish the details of the presidente. Eitherway I guess you will need a Spanish speaker. Our Urb is Al Andalus 2, La Florida/ Playa Flamenca. If can get the details I will post again.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X