Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• electricity

Has anyone had their electricity supply ( potencia) upgraded recently. I was wondering what the current procedure is ??

Time is restricted in Spain and any information would be very useful!!

TIA

Sue

The upgrade is just a case of putting in a larger fuse, it would also depend on if you are on your own supply or still on the builders. If you are still on the builders' supply you would be better to wait until you get connected to your own supply.

Comentario

Thanks

we are now on our own supply and think it may need upgrading. But we are not sure if we have to get some sort of a certificate first. Also we do not know who to contact and how to contact them at Iberdrola.

We do not have access to an account number - we have never seen a bill yet - although the money has gone from the bank account.

TIA

Sue

Comentario

It's not always as simple as changing the fuse - you need to be sure that the cabling coming in to the fuse board from outside can handle the increased electricity flow.

As with all things electric, if you're not 100% sure what you're doing is safe ask a spark.

Good luck,

Chris.

Comentario

Comentario

Thanks for all the info

I don't suppose anyone knows the correct phone number for Iberdrola to speak to someone in English ?? Also if necessary the correct tomes to call.

I wish I had managed to learn more spanish, but I am still trying !!

Thanks

Sue

Comentario

hi there make sure you do have it done by ibedrola and not an english electrican saying i an do it for 100 euros cheaper as if ibedrola ever find out they will cut ur electric and not ever reconect it without a long drawn out battle trust me it happened to my mum, the number to call is 901202020 and say hablo ingles they will put u through to an english speaker but have your bank statement ready as otherwise they will not find you as they tend to right the address down totally wrong lol, they will sort it all out for u, good luck.

Comentario

Comentario

1 As well as a bigger fuse I think there is different tarrif.
                  Does anybody know the extra ongoing charges ?

2 Iberdrola will upgrade their own fuse(trip) from 15 to 25 amp - the end one in a separate section. This is done only by Iberdrola and the panel screws are wireed and sealed.

3 However, you need to upgrade your own main trip to 25amp too - may cost a bit extra(This is the end one in the row of fuses).. If you know how, you could do this yourself as you can swithc off the Iberdrola trip.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X