X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• new to forum, to be new to area

Hi everyone
    been reading the forum for the last couple of hours - this is great, so useful.
    we complete on an aprtment in the next couple of weeks
    can i ask if anyone knows where we can get useful maps for Florida Golf, Las Filipinas, Villamartin area near El Galan?

has anyone got any useful tips for new aprtments (we will be over for hols, not to live as yet)

does anyone know of places to go swimming over winter months?

look forward to hearing

s
    x

The most important tip for you when taking over your apartment is be careful for the first week.

It is common here for the builders (workmen) to tip of friends that a new owner is in town they know that you will have cash (sometimes lots) passports, credit cards and small items of value.

I do not want to make you think that the whole place is crime ridden but this is very well documented.

When you leave your apartment ensure that your money is safe (with you is best) passports and credit cards are safely hidden etc.

Do not leave doors open for even a few minutes if you are not there.

first job is to get some window locks and shutter catches fitted (these are cheap) I would not bother with alarms as you are probably not going to be there when they go offi a bit of caution for the first week or so is well worth it.

I hope this is not off putting for you but a little b

Comentario

Sharde there probably isnt a decent map of the area around Florida Golf at the moment as they are chaning the road layout around there by the day !

The immediate area is looking good though and things are certainly being tidied up as we speak.

Previous poster is right about security though, especially in the 1st few weeks.

Comentario

new to forum new to area

thank you for that. It is useful to be reminded of how careful you should be, especially in the first few weeks - as everything is such a novelty.
        over the last year we have been out several times.
        We have already arranged a safe, grills & alarm, & of course will change locks.

regards
        sharde

Comentario

You can get a free map and info from the town hall at Playa Flamenca near to Mercadona it covers most of the area you mentioned

Comentario

Also, as well as getting window locks etc - change all your door locks as the builders, cleaners, uncle Tom Cobbly and all may have copies of your keys. This should be your first job. Good luck!

Comentario

Yes you need to watch the road that runs through from Blue Lagoon, El Galan, Las Filipinas way. They have now decided that after a very nasty accident 3 or 4 weeks ago, that they arr painting the road to try and establish what looks like they think will be a dual carriageway, although to be perfectly honest, most people havent got a clue whcih is the right but yet, but then they didnt before. If you are in a car on this stretch, please be careful until they establish what the road use will be.

However, I live and work in the area and although very anglicised, it is ok. A few bars, restaurants, supermarkets all within walking distance of each other and of course my shop which sell ex catalogue furniture and homewares (Home & Living) 3 Spanish cafes and bars, all very good. You do have all the basic amenities around and then main road that runs through will take you N332 in one direction and out to San Miguel in the other.

if you want to know any more let us know.

Comentario

Hola everyone,We have an apartment at las filipinas - Marbella golf. Hello Mrs Jester we were in your shop a couple of weeks ago buying garden furniture( - very good and very reasonable - cheers.
                As for the area some aspects i love others i hate!
                There seems to be a lot of dog poo everywhere which does my head in, but hopefully when the last patch of unbuilt on land is sorted that will clear up - i hope!
                There also seems to be a lot of rubbish everywhere i cant make out if its fly tipping or the bin men dropping stuff.
                The bars and restaraunts are okay as mentioned before a little too English.I have yet to find an authentic spanish restaurant or tapas bar - let me know if anyone knows of one.
                As for crime - touch wood we have had no problems -others on our complex have - but all who were burgled didnt have grills on.I think when places are new there are less people around and more chance of being robbed.
                I did see the road being painted and i couldnt agree more with previous comments. Dont know if its a duel carriageway with a a painted central reservation - or an ordinary rd with a big parking area the other side of the painted lines?I think there may be some accidents there if they dont make it clear.
                Anyway enough of the moaning the pluses are- lovely weather nice beaches - campoamoar,mil palmeras, guadamar.Nice towns i like elche, orihuela,and san miguel, good markets, and everyone who has bought on our complex seems nice - no chavs - as yet- can i say that on here!
                anyway any questions about the area dont hesitate to ask there is a good web site that gives details of the area i think its called ventura golf or something similar, have a look, buenas noches jo

Comentario

thank you

this is all really useful.
                  Mrs jester, we are just down the road going back towards the mercadonna (as the crow flies). we are in walking distance of the shops & Priory. Have just sent you an email re your shop.

regards
                  sharde

Comentario

Do not take the security advice lightly and always be alert. Enjoy.

Comentario

Just back from Las Filipinas this week.
                      Got a fantastic new map for the whole of the area with all the new roads on. We brought a plant from Los Dolces garden centre and they supplied us with the new map free of charge.
                      Give them a try.

Comentario

hi one day where is los dolces garden center

Comentario

Hi cheekyu,

look on www.ventura-golf.com found gives really good descriptions of alot of areas locally, including Los Dolces, llok under pubs & restaurants section.

the garden centre (if it is the right one) 15 minutes walk from La Zenia roundabout - going towards Vallamartin plaza. near Supa Valu supermarket.

thanks for help everyone. - I'm finding loads out !!!

Comentario

Hi sharde thanks for that very helpful

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X