Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• LA CAMPANA RESTAURANT AT PUNTA PRIMA

Can anyone familiar with this restaurant (which did value for money English breakfast) confirm that it is there no longer or has it changed hands, been refurbished, is it better than before. Would appreciate an update if you know. Cheers.

It was still there in august, looked a bit scruffy to me as did the camp site behind it. Can recommend ROUGES CARVERY over the road it was superb.

Comentario

It's called Rogues - used to be Rogue Traders. Do a nice English-style carvery very nice but pricey.

I use La Campana a lot. Yes, it could be described as scruffy but it's very clean, the menu del dia is dirt cheap, the staff are very pleasant, all in all a nice Spanish restaurant. Can't be all bad, a lot of Spanish workmen use it regularly. There is entertainment in the evening at no extra charge.

Comentario

Most Spanish Caravan sites in Southern Spain look rather scruffy due mainly to the lack of grass so most are gravel and a bit dusty. Also the Spanish tend to have 'permanantes' who are pitched there all year as holiday homes. These tend to look a bit tatty after a while. Totally different from sites in the North.

Comentario

Comentario

Anyone been there recently, i.e. during the last 4 weeks? If so, has it changed hands/ been refurbished? Not looking scruffy anymore?

Comentario

Was there last week. Dont know if its been refurbished/change of owners as its the first time Ive been. Everything was clean though if thats any help!

Comentario

We were there Saturday morning and had a great value breakfast, the place was clean and the food presented nicely.
                We were told earlier on in the week that the camp site was to be pulled down and that the owner had recently bought the big restaurent next to the go carts, called Astrius, the spelling may not be correct.
                We went there for a meal last Thursday night and spoke to one of the guys working there, he also works at the camp site. He confirmed that the camp site was coming down sometime during the next 12 months.
                The meal at the Astrius was excellant value and the facilities there are outstanding, I can fully recommend it.

Comentario

la campana

I was there yesterday.
                  Carlos the former owner has bought the Asturias.
                  Seem to be in transition phase at the moment because the staff (and Carlos) seem to be flitting between the 2.
                  Also seeing new staff at Campana so they may belong to the new owner.
                  Food good at both places and presently using identical menus.

Asturias is a BIG place and a bit more upmarket.

I like the Campana because it's small and friendly.

Note the comment that the campsite is coming down - does that extend to the cafe as well. I heard the 332 was being widened but this it will take a lot more than just shutting 1 campsite to achieve that.

Liz

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X