Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Completion Process

I am a little confised by the information provided by our agent in relation to completion and hope someone can help explain better via the forum.

We have a completion date of Mon 23rd Oct, on this day it seems we have all necersary appointments (except Notary) and we pay the builder the final balance and get our keys.

On Weds 25th Oct we have the Notary appointment

Questions I hope you can help with

1) when is the property ours - Mon when we get the keys or after the Notary appointment?

2) When can I get the workmen in to undertake extra work we plan (grills, change locks etc)

Thanks for your advise, hopefully we can start on Monday rather than later in the week as we are only over for a few days.

Barry

We done NIE No, visted prpoerty (to check we could move in), Sorted Mortagae and ordered furniture on one day.

The following day we went to th Notary waited 3.5 hours to sign etc then went to collect keys. We then moved in then and had all our exra works undertaken.

We had a snag sheet which we only had a few items to resolve but the builder must have let themselves in one day and completed them without us reporting them.

Good Luck

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Taffy
      We done NIE No, visted prpoerty (to check we could move in), Sorted Mortagae and ordered furniture on one day.

The following day we went to th Notary waited 3.5 hours to sign etc then went to collect keys. We then moved in then and had all our exra works undertaken.

We had a snag sheet which we only had a few items to resolve but the builder must have let themselves in one day and completed them without us reporting them.

Good Luck
      Thanks Taffy - we have already done NEI and ordered / paid for furniture. Atlas FAQ's say we will get our keys Monday, sounds like you got your keys after the Notary appt. When did you pay the builder - day 1 or day 2?

Comentario

We paid Builder on day 2.

We met Bank manager, mayor and builder at the Notary. This is when the Builder was sent the payments etc and the property wae then legally ours.

San Jose had a mortgage on property and they wouldnt let us sign untill we had confirmation off San Jose that this was cleared.

Comentario

Thanks Taffy - we are with San Jose as you know as well so looks like it will be Weds for us which is a shame but best to be legally safe.

B

Comentario

Comentario

Sorry Taffy that last post was in answer to Barry!
              Sping.

Comentario

We did it all on one day, paid builder at notary & got our keys.
                However, I know that once I'd paid builder & got my keys, I'd consider notary just a formality & move in.

Comentario

We visited house to check over, went to bank, collected bankers draft and cash, went to builders paid over cash insisted on receipt, went to notary handed over bankers draft in exchange for keys when documentation completed. Arranged to meet builders foreman next day to agree snagging list.
                  Left notary went to house and changed locks, so that uncle tom cobbly and all did not have access.
                  Met Foreman agreed snagging list and managed to get most of the work done gave up on the last couple of outstanding items.
                  Best of luck.

Comentario

Thanks all - seems to be quite a few of us on the forum moving into Playa Golf III. Anyone out end of Oct see you in Alfies for a beer or three.

Barry

Comentario

I think I have got to the bottom of this.

As we are paying some of the costs of the purchase via a mortgage in Spain we get the keys from the builder at the Notary Office when we, the builder and the mortgage company all turn up and sign.

People without mortgages often pay the builder a few days in advance in full and hence get the keys and the Notary is a formal legal process.

Barry

Comentario

I personally would never pay the seller prior to signing at the Notary...... what if the seller did a runner with all your hard earned cash? The cash should be sorted at notary. Builder or not, if the process hasn't been completed through Notary, there is no come back. those private contracts we all sign I have been told by my lawyer are worthless, and should it all go wrong, you would have to put the case before a judge, that could take years, then you have to win etc, and even if you could proove the case, you would probably only get the declared value back if any at all, as the "black cash" doesn't exist, does it!

Comentario

We went over last week just for a holiday and also to view the property my daughter is buying,( Playa Golf 111 ) We contacted Atlas prior to us leaving and were told that completion would be possibly next month.
                          My daughter was able to do the necessary whilst she was out there, Lawyer, Notary, bank etc., all completed over two days...as we were returning home she had to give power of attorney to the lawyer who can now complete in her absence leaving us to just pick up the keys whenever we are able to get across.( couple of weeks hopefully)
                          It would seem by other posts that quite a few properties on Playa Golf 111 are to be ready at the same time..............I notice that a couple of you refer to the location as Caba Roig and others Campamoir....Can anyone tell me just which it is ??
                          Thanks

Comentario

Comentario

Lamois de Cabo Roig is what I have on my legal paperwork, but you tuirn off the N332 at the Compaomor slip road.

B

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X