Thread: Air Conditioning Costs

Knowle, West Midlands, England + Playa Golf 3 - Cabo Roig, Spain

Default Air Conditioning Costs

Can anyone help with some gerneral info on Air con costs pls

1) How much does it cost (roughly) to fit suitable units (not cheap and nasty) to a 2 bed bungelow style property (units in both bedrooms and lounge area

2) What are the annual running costs

3) How often do they need servicing and what is the cost

Thanks

Barry

Yes cost is important but this weather comfort is essential I could not survive without the aircon.

Knowle, West Midlands, England + Playa Golf 3 - Cabo Roig, Spain

Morbob - we dont come out in July / August so its not required for us personally however a recent rentersaid it was difficult to sleep at night. we would like to keep renting to family and friends only (to keep the property in as good as possible condition for us. Question is what it will cost us to make guests more comfortable when we are doing them a favour by letting them use the property for the cost of a good night out in London. Running cost concern is that the property is not used often so if someone left it on when they left it could be running for ages, if its pence a day not an issue, if its pounds - big problem.

B

If they have it on a lot you have big problems. We have a 2 bed bungalow and only need 1 unit situated in the lounge. It is sufficient to cool all the property from 30 down to 22 in approx 1 hour with the aid of ceiling fans quicker the more rooms we don't need cooling. We only use it before bed as its a wast of time if the outside doors or windows are open which they usually are when people are in. Its difficult to gauge the cost as there's always other things on but the person you get to install it could give you a rough idea from the info on the unit and the currant cost of electric. If it was me I would put the prices up €20 a week at least and get your key holder to check that all electric is turned off after they leave

Hi B
    No expert by any means but just got quoted and accepted on a more expensive unit but apparently its a) quieter when running and b) supposedly 40% cheaper to run. It may be worthwhile to get something like this - more cost effective in the long term?

We were, like so many, going to get a unit from Carrefour and get an Electrician to install, however, whilst I dont think there is anything wrong with these units particularly, I had heard some 'stories' of them breaking down and costing more. But would suggest you definitely ask for more money per week once you have it installed - no sense being out of pocket by someone else being selfish.

Hope this helps!
    Tornado

I wouldn't do it myself but if you are seriously worried about the costs if left running you could consider a coin meter, yes on the face of it it does seem a little niggardly but I don't think your guests could complain if you are letting the apartment to them for little cost in the first place.
    On the flip side we installed units in each bedroom an upped the cost £10 per week for our guests and although the remote controls are readily available noone seems to have abused it, our worst bill was E96 for a July/Aug fully booked and that was before the A/C units went in and only the ceiling fans were available ??

Barry I had mine installed 3 years ago and needed 3 units to cover 2 bedrooms and living room cost 500€ each also act as heating when it is colder in winter. The person we used posts on these sites. Have seen adverts on lamp posts last time i was out for supply and install a lot cheaper than that. Do not know running costs as we are still on builders supply but like you we do not intend to rent bought for our own use only, so cost of running will be down to when we decide we need to switch on.

Default Air conn

We are on Playa Golf 111 and had air conn units fitted to the bedrooms. We decided on the average price ones €510 each fitted. They cost €0.14 an hour per unit to run. The dearer ones were €850 per unit fitted and cost €0.10 per hour to run. They are excellent units, very quite and chill the rooms quickly. We are over on the 24th August and have arranged to have the same unit fitted in the lounge.

Marcadores