Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Re registering car back to British plates?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Re registering car back to British plates?

Has anyone ever taken a previously UK reg car that has been changed to Spanish plates, back over to England and re done it BACK to British plates (complicated I know!) Any advice much appreciated!

No but I am thinking of taking a right hand drive Merc over to Spain and registering it on Spanish plates. If you have been through this procces could you please tell me if it was worth doing and how much does it cost. Depending on your cars value I would have thought it would be worth re registering it back in England as Right hand drive cars command very low prices in Spain.

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

I have given this some thought too but cannot decide just what to do...The car I was thinking about driving over has less than 15,000 miles on the clock and whilst I would like to use it in Spain I worry about the cost of replacement lights etc and then Spanish registration, in relation to what it would cost me to use smallish hire cars....
          Ideally, I would like a LHD for ease of use.

Comentario

Left hand drive cars

Hi for what its worth
            I brought over a left hand drive car from the UK it was allready set for Spanish regulations Headlights and rear fog lights etc..It went throught the change to Spanish reregistering no problemo. The thing is there are companys in the uk who specialize in selling LHD vehicles and they are a lot cheaper to buy than the same spec right hand drive. Just be careful to make sure that they conform with LHD regs before you buy

I used a Spanish guy in Montesinos who was brilliant and every thing was done in under a week and the price was right also I think off hand about 350 euros but that was 3 years ago

regards Ray

Comentario

The original question was putting a Spanish reg car back to UK Reg.

Take the car back go to your local DVLA with all docs and any proof that it was originally a UK tax paid car it will only cost a minimal fee (80 pounds ish)

If you cant prove it was a UK car I think you will have to pay the VAT on the assessed value of the car depending on age. Import duty will not be levied.

Go on the DVLA website for info

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X