Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CLAY SHOOTING

Default CLAY SHOOTING

hi, i have recently moved to `spain permantly and was wondering as to where i can shoot clays, im quiet into rabbits but dont the law about carrying my gun in public.
    i currently hold a british permit as well as the eu issue,
    could you please help as im wanting to shoot but worried of breaking the law.
    thankyou
    mart

I know you need a licence - tarjeta de armas. I believe the police issue these. There is a gun club on the outskirts on Cartagena called Tiro Olimpico. Many Guardia go there to shoot. It┤s on the N332 about 2 kilometres before Cartagena. Maybe they could help youwith info. Probably all Spanish there. Shops that sell guns may also know more.

I see this is quite an old thread but did you have any joy Mart?

I too have a UK shotgun certificate and would love to find a club over here. I was told that a UK SGC was valid in the EU but if staying permanently you can ask to "swap" it for a Spanish cert in a similar way to a driving licence, dunno how true that is though.

Lee B

If anyone finds out any info regarding a local clay shooting club, then please let me know...I've missed the joys so much that I ended up taking up golf!!! (but those blooming little white balls are so much harder to hit on a pair of left and right crossers!!!)

Seriously, I made inquiries to my old local Police Firearms Officer back in Lancing and was advised to apply for a European Shotgun License and then simply to take this to the local Authority (Guardia Civil) to have it verified and stamped as accepted in Spain (and this was after I had confirmed that I actually reside in Spain)

Does anyone know any different?

Of course, should enough people be interested, a club could be arranged with it.s own mobile traps etc....just a thought!

Several years ago I applied for a job that requiered me to carry a firearms. I was then told that I would need a permit and to obtain this I needed Spanish nationality. But this was around 10 years ago, might have changed now.

I couldn't be bothered with golf, and must confess I've not heard of the Euro Certificate.

Would be very interested in seeing if a club could be set up locally if one doesn't already exist, bet the Spanish would love English Sporting too, as far as I can see the Spanish and Italians only seem to shoot the trap disciplines.

I do know of at least one other Brit looking for some clay shooting, bet there's hundreds in this area.

Lee B

I'm trying to locate the document I was sent regarding the license...when (if!) I find it I'll advise accordingly...

There have been quite a number of people ask the question so getting hold of a few traps and setting up a couple of layouts could be good fun...I'm pretty sure I know a land owner near Pilar that would allow the use of his ground...

Ta for that.

I suppose what we would need first is a fluent Spanish speaker to deal with the authorities to see what the regulations are, knowing Spain there's bound to be a mountain of paperwork to climb.

I'm certainly game to give it a go though!

Sometime ago I asked my solicitor about the legalities of permanently exporting a shotgun from the UK and it seems you need some kind of Home Office permit.

I would imagine the Spanish would have similar "safe keeping" rules as the UK for guns.

Lee B

de nada...

I'll do some digging and also get my Spanish friends onto it as well.

Excellent,

If you need to get in touch my email is lb@elbee.org.

Lee B

Marcadores