X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• What is in La Florida?

Hi there,

My family and I are coming out to La Florida for a couple of weeks in June and July but I can find very little out about the local area, plenty on Torrevieja itself and the commercial centre in Villamartin but can anyone tell me if there are supermarkets, bars, restaurants etc within walking distance or will I need to drive to most places? Just looking for as much info as I can get on the place. Are there large supermarkets around or am I better off stocking up on the drive over from Alicante airport?

Many Thanks

Scott

hi scott, We own a place in La Florida, it has everything you need within walking distance. There is the Emerald Isle Centre, which is very good, great home cooked food, good pool area, and difference events most evenings. The is a local shop, 3 local pubs, beautician, diy shop ect. There is a good market within one mile on a saturday.The polish bar in la florida does nice tapas and good beer. Enjoy your stay.

Comentario

Many thanks for your reply, that was just the sort of information I was looking for. I booked it as I thought the surrounding area sounded ideal and we'd driven through that way last year but I just didn't know anything specifically about La Florida. Are there a selection of restaurants in the area, got our sons birthday the day we arrive and he's already shouting about wanting Chinese!!!

Comentario

yes, there is a very good chinese buffet in la florida it is a couple of streets back from the main bars ect., the buffet is excellent and very very cheap, I cant remember the name of it, but any local bar / person tell you were it is.

Comentario

We have a place in La Florida too, think the Chinese you are referring to is La Joya Wok, a 10 min walk from La Florida.

Comentario

Hi we live in Las Mimosas a 10 mins walk from La Florida. There are 3 bars all busy a supermarket a Chinese and a Wok all together on a strip. Also there's a public pool area just being refurbished that should be open soon approx half way between the two. Then if you carry on another 10 mins walk to where the top end of the market is there's another strip of pubs ,an Indian and shop.

Comentario

Thanks for all your replies guys, just the sort of details I was looking for.

Comentario

Simmy, have you tried the Indian ?? if so what did you think ??

Comentario

No I havn't yet but will probably give it a go somtime if I hear good reports

Comentario

Any other good restaurants in the La Florida area that people can recommend and within walking distance so as I can have a few beers and not have to drive back???

Comentario

Hiya, the restaurant attached to the Whitlow Abbey is good. It has also just been refurbished and the bar is open til about 4.00am!!!

Comentario

Try the Adria just opposite the Abbey, its very popular, beer good too.

Comentario

Thanks for your suggestions, we just have no idea what we are going to, last year we were in the middle of nowhere up by Muro de Alcoi with no options of walking anywhere for a beer so it's going to be different to be able to go out this time around but without the usual blurb you get in a holiday brochure to tell you what is around you!

Comentario

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where La Florida actually is, in relation to torrevieja. I've tried googling around but all I can find is info on the florida in america.

Thanks
                            Rob

Comentario

Rob, app 10 mins drive south of Torre, arrive at Punta Prima r'bout, carry on for a further 300 m and turn right by the small Carrefour s'mkt, follow up to the dual carraigeway at the top, turn rt, then left, then right again.If lost ask for the Wicklow Abbey pub, this is in the centre of La Florida

HTH, Ken

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X