Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Advice needed

Hi all, we are planning to move to southern spain at the start of next year and have been looking at possabilties.

We plan on renting(can't afford to buy) quite cheaply if possible and finding work.My missus would be looking some chambermaid,cleaning work ideally and some dj work,cooking for myself.

We quite fancy Torreveieja as it seems to be an all year round community as opposed to only seasonal-is this right? and has a high number of expats(although we are planning to learn spanish before arriving.

Could anyone provide us with their views on us moving to this area considering what we are looking for and work oppertunities.Also where we could look for a fairly cheap long term rental accomodation would be helpful.

We also got to find a school for our youngets girl, she will be 10 by the time we travel.

Any help will be appreciated, also any bars out there looking for a dj, or any other suitable jobs on the go, please keep us in mind, we are hard working and reliable as well as commited, regards all
    James & Claire x

James & Claire

Other on the sight will I am sure be able to give more advice, however

a couple of Internbational schools, one new one opening in Murcia was being advertised when we were last out, plus I beleive there is one in villamartin (close to torrevieja), plenty of spanish schools if you wish to mix in this way (10 yr old should be able to cope)

Work can be an issue, lots of people looking for work, if you are not after high paying jobs you may be OK.

Torrevieja is a year round community, however there are seasonal hikes during the main season.

hope useful

barry

Comentario

Hi we are moving over later in the year fingers crossed pending house sale. I will PM you some details over of Long Let details that we have found during hours of research.
      Hannah.

Comentario

Work

Despite what you may have been told finding work there will be a major problem. Without a good grasp of Spanish you will find work waiting tables in English bars if you are very lucky. Speak to anyone who has been there for a while ant hey will tell you if you are relying on work sustaining yout time there forget it.

Comentario

hi james and claire
          me and my family are hoping to do the same and have been a couple of times to tore we found a house and nearly went but the work dose seem to be a problem becose off this we did not go but i have not given up yet i my self have some money from sale of house but would still req morgage so need to work we sorted out ni numbers bank and morgage but could not take final step i wish i had i could of mybe come back to uk if short of money but if you go you wont to stay and not come back dont you thats the idea
          good luck
          pete

Comentario

At his time of year work is more plentiful than in the winter. The only problem is that you will not be on alot of money. Most bar/cooking jobs only pay approx 5/6 euro per hour (plus tips). DJing work is again plentiful in the summer but again very hard to come by in the winter (unless the bar that you are working in has a very good all year round trade and few do). As you will be renting I would suggest a back up fund of at least 6 months rent otherwise you could fall into problems. The local Spanish schools are very good (teaching wise) but some of them fall very short on facilities, my 2 children are still being taught in portacabins even though we were promised a brick built school 2 years ago. That is more down to local councilors than anything else Also you have to provide everything for your child in school, books, stationery etc. This can be very expensive in September when the children go back to school. Even if your child starts school in January you will still have to provide all his materials. I don't know much about rental costs but where I live most houses seem to be rented out for over 500euros per month plus bills. This could prove very expensive in the long run. I don't want to put you off moving but I would think long and hard about what you are doing. If you do not have a back up fund you could be heading for problems.
            Sorry to be pessimistic but all is not rosy in the garden over here for some people.

Cath

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X