Torrevieja/cafe/bar

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

I forgot to say - YES! Everyone DOES need a drink and a bite to eat and, for example, food vans at car boot sales do very well everywhere.
    HOWEVER, there are so very many in Torrevieja and area that I do not think one could necessarily make a living from one.
    EXAMPLE, I ate twice in a Spanish owned restaurant run by a middle-aged couple with their grown-up kids as staff.
    The Menu del Dia was 8 Euros. For that, I got Langoustines (5 of) for my starter and fried fresh Sardinas and salad for my main course. I took coffee instead of ice cream. Bread was included and wine. I chose vino blanco and a newly-opened bottle was placed on my table!
    I wouldn't like to have to try to compete with that!
    ALSO, the only other customer on the first occasion was an Icelandic lady eating tapas at a table. On the second occasion, it was a Spanish woman eating A tapa at the bar!
    Kitchens in bars cafes restaurants are inevitably badly-ventilated black holes in the back and that is where the cook has to work! I hope for your sake, it is your partner who is going to be doing the cooking!
    Keep in touch!

Comentario

cafe/bar

Hi Alyson,
      Yes I know it will be hard we are not going to rush into it! My partner wants to run the bar so let them do it!!! I have a shop now here in the UK selling jewellery/gifts or should I say trying to sell!!! I have seen lots of cheap apartments on the net!! I went on a viewing trip and saw nothing I liked and all very small. Even though I said I wanted Torrevieja I was shown out of town locations like Algorfa!! brand new and looking directly into the apartment opposite!!!! We are trying to sell our hse here to enable us to move permenantly!! Keep in touch

Comentario

In my opinion, you are much better buying a second hand property. It seems that all those companies like Atlas (they had all their clients - I would call them "marks" cos I could tell they were being conned) staying at the hotel I was in - only show people "New builds". They charge the builder a big whack, that's why!
        Anyway, with a second-hand property (who would ever call them that in the UK?) you get all the furniture; white goods; dishes; bedding; towels; you name it included in the price. You can also talk to neighbours about what it's like to live there!
        My friend used to have 3 shops in Edinburgh doing similar things and small furniture but she made huge losses on all of them. She now works as a cleaner!

Comentario

Hi there, I do hope you dont mind me coming in on this thread but I notice you are looking for a property near to a commercial center, and within walking distance of the weekly market. I will be selling our 2 bed Quad Villa shortly, its in a quiet residential area with mostly English neighbours I would be looking for about 155,000 euros. As I said it is within a 10 minute walk of the busy Playa Flamenca Commercial Center where there are still a few units left to rent, unfortunately there is a gift shop already there, but no jewellry shop, which I believe could do quite well in the summer months, unfortunately in the winter everything dies down considerably even the eateries of which there are many close early because of lack of customers. If I were in your position I would look around the many commercial centers when you come over and see for yourself. Whatever you decide to do I hope it goes well for you.

Comentario

A friend of ours, who has been here many, many years has always said:

"If you want to lose money, buy a bar"

Very good advise indeed.

We have seen many people who have done just that & have lost their life savings.

Wendy x

Comentario

cafe/bar/property

Originalmente publicado por Mazzer
              Hi there, I do hope you dont mind me coming in on this thread but I notice you are looking for a property near to a commercial center, and within walking distance of the weekly market. I will be selling our 2 bed Quad Villa shortly, its in a quiet residential area with mostly English neighbours I would be looking for about 155,000 euros. As I said it is within a 10 minute walk of the busy Playa Flamenca Commercial Center where there are still a few units left to rent, unfortunately there is a gift shop already there, but no jewellry shop, which I believe could do quite well in the summer months, unfortunately in the winter everything dies down considerably even the eateries of which there are many close early because of lack of customers. If I were in your position I would look around the many commercial centers when you come over and see for yourself. Whatever you decide to do I hope it goes well for you.
              Hi thanks for your reply, we are looking for property too! you can e.mail details to me if you like.
              We are not rushing into a cafe/bar or retail I wish there was more posative ex-pats out there!! No matter where one one's such a business they are taking a risk So if I don't open one I'll never find out!!!

Comentario

Re: cafe/bar/property

We are not rushing into a cafe/bar or retail I wish there was more posative ex-pats out there!! No matter where one one's such a business they are taking a risk So if I don't open one I'll never find out!!![/quote Flanny]

I know what you are saying "If I don't open one I'll never find out" that is true, but don't rush into anything. It is easy to rush into something when you first get here, as you are so excited at the prospect of a new life in the sun.

A lot of us ex-pats are being positive as we know what it is like here & have seen it all before.

Whatever your decison, lots of LUCK.

Wendy x

Comentario

Digest all the advice, good or bad and then as they say 'the decision is yours' ...two things come to mind though...if you do decide to go ahead set two very strict targets...Time and money and when either run out - walk away !!

Far too many business people get into serious financial difficulty by 'hanging on' thinking it will come good if given more time or investment - generally this is the death knell of their dreams...
                  Whatever you decide - Hope it all goes well for you

Comentario

cafe/bar

Originalmente publicado por Freddy
                    Digest all the advice, good or bad and then as they say 'the decision is yours' ...two things come to mind though...if you do decide to go ahead set two very strict targets...Time and money and when either run out - walk away !!

Far too many business people get into serious financial difficulty by 'hanging on' thinking it will come good if given more time or investment - generally this is the death knell of their dreams...
                    Whatever you decide - Hope it all goes well for you
                    Hi Freddy
                    Thanks for your comments, yes I agree that is what we will do, we don't intend to rush into anything, and it all depends on our hse sale here in the UK!!

Comentario

Hi Flanny I have tried to send you details of our house and apparently the private message facility has been disabled on this forum, so if you would like to see them perhaps you could give me your email address and I will send them on.
                      Regards Mazzer

Comentario

Oops silly me just found your email address will send them shortly.

Comentario

This is a fantastic to live. If you are in no rush to find your business why not come down and rent for 3 - 6 months and allow yourself time to really get to know the area. It is a buyers market here and the money you can save on a well established property will not only cover the rent you will have just paid out but will go a long way to helping you find your ideal business venture if it is here. GOOD LUCK and dont let some of the doom and gloom you hear put you off.

Comentario

opening a business in or around Torrevieja

I have owned a home in Torrevieja for almost 5 years and I would like to share with you my experiences. On the urbanisation where I live there were several families who tried to run their own business' or, find work within the local area. 90 percent of these people have returned to the U.K. Every business idea has been tried and tested, some succesful , some not. In my opinion you have missed the boat business wise. Seven or, eight years ago you may have been successful but, not now. I would discourage anyone from coming to live in this area unless you have an independant income i.e Pension or, rental from property. Failing that you must have a skill which everyone is looking for and you must, must, must, speak the language. I dont want to put a damper on your move to spain because it can be a lovely place to live but, if you have never considered opening a business in the U.K then do not do so in Spain, you could end up on the road to financial ruin.

Comentario

available shop to let

a gift shop across from Supervalue in town centre Calle San Luis has recently closed. It was spanish, but poor selection of goods. It may be an idea if a cafe opened there.

English speaking could meet for a chat.

Can t ever imagine a time when I will be able to speak fluently in spanish, so it would be nice to go somewhere in town .Seems to be plenty of English and Irish in the area for business

Comentario

The Costa Blanca has more Brits living on it than the whole rest of Spain put together. Given that properties are dearer up Calpe way, I would suggest that most of them are concentrated in the Torrevieja area!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X