Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Alyson,

That all boils down to what you want from a location.

There are some really nice places just outside of Torre, which have a more village feel about them but without being cut off from places like Torre and it lively (if somewhat over lived in appearance) attractions. also some of the urbs are nice, but some become almost ghost towns in winter.

It gets prettier the further out of town one gets ( i still have an apartment in town) with some of the areas that can be just 15 mins walk from town being very nice.

The area opposite tropica 222 at the end of Playa los locos is very nice if you want to stay in town.
    Benijofar and Rojales are just 8 or 9 miles from Torre and are nice places that still retain a Spanish feel, althought the term Spanglish is more apt now.

i looked at lots of places from as far as Sax, which was amazing and Aspe, but i eventually went middle of the road by opting for Quesada, as i didnt fancy a new Urb, and wanted no more than 15 min walk to some night life without it walking to me.

No matter where you go though, you will always see cranes, just look past them.

Spain has something for everyone, but you must seek it out, which if you have a car or bike is great fun.

phil

Comentario

Comentario

Is it the Torremar apartments they are very nice and when they finally finish the commercial centre and mercadona it will be very handy also just a 10minute walk to the beach. As far as i know you have got a very good deal. Some good restaurants just around the corner as well and bus stop for Torrevieja and La Mata so you get the best of both. Good Luck

Comentario

Hi Alyson,
          Well done. A good buy and a good area. I am very near to where you are and have enjoyed it. However the walk up the hill from the beach after a long hot day in the sun can be a challenge.
          Cheers
          Lithgy

Comentario

Hi Lithgy
            D'you live in Linlithgow or something that made you choose your user name? Just a thought.
            The flat is in Alta Vista. The whole place is very nice; clean; well-maintained and planted all over with flowering shrubs and trees which I missed like Hell in Torrevieja!
            Hopefully, it is as nice as the place you mentioned!
            By the way, the weather had been atrocious before I arrived last Thursday night. Thunder and lightening (saw that from the plane) and tons of rain. I told the man who picked me up from Murcia airport that, when I got up next morning, it would be blue skies and brilliant sunshine. It was and he couldn't believe it!
            I just mistimed it at the other end of the week because it chucked it down on the day I was coming home in the evening (yesterday). 24 hours too early! HOWEVER, it gave me a terrific opportunity to see the flat again in that weather before committing to buying it and I'm pleased to say, it was still very light inside and the view was still absolutely clear.

Comentario

Sorry! That previous post was for Fudgey! I'm knackered!

Comentario

Hi again Lithgy,
                Sorry about the mix-up with my posts.
                Are you near Alta Vista?
                I'm quite pleased that my Belgian agents live in a house nearby because I really like them both. They're husband and wife.
                Yes, I thought that because the walk to the beach is an easy downhill one it might be a bit knackering on the way back!
                Each time I was at the front in La Mata, there was a cooling breeze. Is that always present like in Lanzarote - which is notorious for wind?
                I preferred it anyway to the non-moving air on the front in Torrevieja. Sorry, I have to keep writing that out in full because it means old tower and if one just puts Torre there's white tower and tons more that I just can't think of at the mo.
                I had a big problem with my left ankle and foot and arm swelling up while I was in Spain - I thought with the heat but they still are and I'm waiting for th GP to phone me.
                Cheers folks,

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por fudgey
                  Is it the Torremar apartments they are very nice and when they finally finish the commercial centre and mercadona it will be very handy also just a 10minute walk to the beach. As far as i know you have got a very good deal. Some good restaurants just around the corner as well and bus stop for Torrevieja and La Mata so you get the best of both. Good Luck
                  Hi again Fudgey,
                  Can you please tell me for just exactly how long this Mercadona Supermercado project has been on the go?

Comentario

Hi Alyson,
                    Yes you are correct re my home town although recently moved to Playa de Bo'ness. I'm just back from a weekend at Peebles Hydro and fairly done in. Have you signed on the dotted line re the apartment? remind me which block of apartments you are in the first nearest the kiosk or the second more established block. I'll be in Scotland until late December but if you want to get in touch to discuss the area let me know.
                    Cheers
                    Lithgy

Comentario

Hi Fudgey,
                      Construction has been going on and off for just over a year. I believe there was an issue re planning that halted work for a while.
                      Lithgy

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Lithgy
                        Hi Alyson,
                        Yes you are correct re my home town although recently moved to Playa de Bo'ness. I'm just back from a weekend at Peebles Hydro and fairly done in. Have you signed on the dotted line re the apartment? remind me which block of apartments you are in the first nearest the kiosk or the second more established block. I'll be in Scotland until late December but if you want to get in touch to discuss the area let me know.
                        Cheers
                        Lithgy
                        Hi Lithgy,
                        I didn't see any kiosk! There are 2 blocks at Alta Vista, you are correct. All I know is that the other block is 100% Spanish. Their pool is rectangular and surrounded by hard standing. My west-facing terrace looks out onto it. My block is multi-national - Spanish; Scandinavians; Russians or Poles from the name on the mailbox and some Brits. Our pool is a funny shape - oval with what looks like a shallower children's section at one end - and surrounded by a bit of non-slip immediately around it and then grass and plants which I prefer cos you could go and sit down there in pleasant surroundings even if the pool is too cold for using - or emptied!
                        I personally prefer Linlithgow to Boness. Did you downsize or something?
                        Jeez, you must be rolling - Peebles Hydro!
                        I signed a Contract agreeing to buy at the price BUT I haven't paid a penny yet! I have to wait for my remortgage to release the funds for even the Deposit and I have come home to find from mail that was here that a balls-up has been made and I am now attempting to sort it out!
                        I'm stressed!

Comentario

Hi Alyson,
                          Well done in finding the apartment you wanted. Yes we downsized and moved away from the over occupied Linlithgow to a new home in the much quieter Bo'ness. Bo'ness is a very interesting place with a huge mix of housing from the big merchant houses to standard Scottish council houses. A big harbour side development is planned which is going to transform the town and push house prices up.
                          Have you got a good Spanish lawyer to look after your interests and take you through all the things that you will need to do? If not I can give you the email address of the one that I used.
                          Yes the Peebles Hydro is not cheap but it is somewhere that we go infrequently. Rather than rolling in it I find money tends to roll away very easily.
                          I think I know the apartment block you have bought in and I hope all goes well for you with the purchase.
                          Cheers
                          Lithgy

Comentario

Hi again Lithgy,
                            Now I am concerned if not worried!
                            You are the second person to ask me about a Spanish Lawyer. The first was a Spaniard called Felix who lives in Murcia whom I had emailed.
                            I had written a whole lot of detail in this post and then realised that it would be much better if I could email it to you so that it is not in the forum. Could you please let me have your email addy? Mine is alysonthomson50@hotmail.com.
                            That would be great.
                            Cheers,
                            Alyson.

Comentario

when i came over on inspection trip a few months back the agents put me into a lovely english run b and b in the la mata area brisa del mar i think it was called would highly reccomend it

Comentario

Thanks Hector, that's handy to know. I didn't come across any B&B's while I was there and someone who has lived in Torrevieja for 3 and a bit years told me that there weren't any! Dunno when I will be able to return now, though.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X