Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Airport pick up please

I am treveling to alicante on the 28th december looking for a pick up from alicante airport for myself my wife and 6 year old child. I will be going to la florida. If anyone can pick me up please e mail me at bmlh@eircom.net. Let me know how much it will cost.

Martin

Airport pick up

I dare say you will get lots of offers from illegal airport runners. Beware, they are illegal and charge as much as a legal taxi and are not insured to be a taxi. There is an article in the papers this week, have a look for yourself. It's in the Round Town News ( RTN Costa Blancas Free Newspaper - Round Town News )
    These people are putting lots of legal workers who pay their taxes out of work and as I say they are not insured which would make you not insured should any accident occur.

Comentario

He may get a number of offers, but they will be a LOT less than the rip-off taxis.
      And why are expat Brits so concerned about what is ILLEGAL or not?? The Spanish sure as hell aren´t.

Comentario

I wonder if this explains why the Guardia were pulling cars in en masse this morning outside san Javier airport ?

Comentario

I think you will find out that the Spanish taxi drivers sure as hell ARE concerned about illegal taxis. They are taking their livlihood away.
          A legal taxi may be slightly more expensive but don't forget a legal taxi driver has to pay tax and proper insurance.
          Originalmente publicado por Spanishfly Ver Mensaje
          He may get a number of offers, but they will be a LOT less than the rip-off taxis.
          And why are expat Brits so concerned about what is ILLEGAL or not?? The Spanish sure as hell aren´t.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por clydegrove
            You should check out legal prices before talking a load of rubbish.
            Legal price 50 euro for the journey mentioned.
            So the taxi drivers charging 70 or 80 Euros for this length of trip are acting illegally, then??
            Maybe YOU are the one who shold check out legal prices.
            And why is the actual charge always so much more than what is on the meter? That is, assuming the meter is actually running - lots of Spanish taxistas try that stunt!!
            No, I will stick to giving my mate €40 - at least I know what the cost will be then. And if I am taking your livelihood away, I won´t cry any tears.
            Editado por última vez por Spanishfly; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3115-spanishfly en , 03:19:33.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Spanishfly Ver Mensaje
              So the taxi drivers charging 70 or 80 Euros for this length of trip are acting illegally, then??
              Maybe YOU are the one who shold check out legal prices.
              And why is the actual charge always so much more than what is on the meter? That is, assuming the meter is actually running - lots of Spanish taxistas try that stunt!!
              No, I will stick to giving my mate €40 - at least I know what the cost will be then. And if I am taking your livelihood away, I won´t cry any tears.
              I have no idea where you got 80€ from - maybe a return trip. I live in Torrevieja and in June my friend wasn't available to pick us up, so we got a LEGAL cab, asked him the price before we got in the cab and agreed to his opening price of 50€. More than happy, more than legal and respecting the country that I live in.

I get truly annoyed when so called "ex-pats" disrespect the country that they live in, preferring to pay their taxes in the UK but compain when they can't get free services out here, would rather pay an illegal cabbie to take them to the airport instead of paying someone - even an englishman - the pasking price for a legal service which supports the economy and not just the local bars.

Then we go and complain that we have to pay for translators as the Guardia / Council / National POlice / Notary (the list goes on) don't have the decency to speak English instead of their national language of Castellano.

Viva España, NOT little Britain!!!

Comentario

We would happily use the "legal" taxis at Alicante airport except as our place is in Quesada they will only take us as far as the Arches as they say they will get lost! I get a friend to pick us up and reimburse them the petrol - not only cheaper but also get to catch up on the latest gossip!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Banker Ver Mensaje
                  We would happily use the "legal" taxis at Alicante airport except as our place is in Quesada they will only take us as far as the Arches as they say they will get lost! I get a friend to pick us up and reimburse them the petrol - not only cheaper but also get to catch up on the latest gossip!!!
                  I also prefer to use friends rather than taxis and reimburse them the petrol, but I defy you to find one of the "professional" but illegal taxis that actually use 40€ of petrol to take you to the airport and back. The fact that they're making money out of you but not paying any tax, any insurance or anything should infuriate you.

I use legal taxis only when a friend or family member isn't available to take me. If I'm gonna py more than petrol costs I'd rather do it knowing that I'm safe if anything does happen, and also that that person is legal and paying taxes like I myself have to.

Comentario

When stopped by the Guardia how do they tell the difference between a 'illegal' taxi and a pal or neighbour who has picked you up as a favour for the price of the petrol? Pretty difficult to prove that you are not an 'illegal' I would presume? Could be awkward.
                    Tim

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Tim Ver Mensaje
                      When stopped by the Guardia how do they tell the difference between a 'illegal' taxi and a pal or neighbour who has picked you up as a favour for the price of the petrol? Pretty difficult to prove that you are not an 'illegal' I would presume? Could be awkward.
                      Tim
                      It's not just that they keep an eye out at the airport for money exchanges, they keep an eye on all the drop offs and cars that are regularly seen there can be stopped, questioned and fined.

How can you prove that you know someone you're only dropping off to an airport for a fee? All they need to do is ask a simple question to both of you separately and you'll be caught out.

You can't exactly create a whole history of your 2 yr friendship with someone on the way just in case - doesn't give a very legit, confidence boosting imression to the customers does it.

Comentario

For those who don´t know the difference and to clear up some of the myths, lies and fairy tales told in bars.

Only 2 licenses available to transport paying passengers, Taxi or Coach, both have a *Tarjeta De Transportes* for passengers.

There are 2 different types of *Tarjeta* , passenger and goods.

A legal taxi looks like a taxi and would have a taxi sign on it.

A 9 seat or less mini-bus is illegal unless it is part of a licensed coach operators fleet. (additional special license required for small mini-buses).

A legal transfer company (not taxi company) will have vehicles with 10 seats and above.

If someone only owns vehicles with 9 seats or less and does not have a taxi license, then they are not a licensed operator as they must also own vehicles with 10 seats and more.

Right Hand drive mini-buses cannot be registered in Spain and cannot be used in public service for transporting paying passengers.

Only licensed operators can buy vehicles with 10 seats or more.
                        Ever wondered why your local busy mini-bus driver has´nt bought a bigger bus, its because he is not licensed.

Estate agents, rental agent, property agents and vehicle rental companies are not allowed to transport passengers, this is called in-direct Hire & Reward as they are receiving payment in some form, either for sales or rental. Unless they have a *Tarjeta De transportes*

All legal passenger transport companies must be S.L. companies.

Only licensed passenger operators can have liability cover for transporting paying passengers.

Last but not least

For Drivers -- The passengers won´t care who you are and what a nice guy you are when you have a crash or put out of the vehicle by the guardia.

For Passengers -- The driver will care more about what is going to happen to him when he has a crash and not the passengers.
                        Work it out, he has no insurance, his vehicle is not licensed, he only charged you 40 euro for something that is now going to cost him 1000s if he can´t talk his way out of it and at that point he will probably ask you to lie for him.
                        Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 18:49:55.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sunshinegal Ver Mensaje
                          Then we go and complain that we have to pay for translators as the Guardia / Council / National POlice / Notary (the list goes on) don't have the decency to speak English instead of their national language of Castellano.
                          So what is wrong with making a bit of effort and learning to speak Spanish ??? I got GCSE Spanish before I came out to live here.

And most young Spanish people, including Guardia, do speak English - it is a compulsory subject at school - but they refuse to as they just hate us Brits.
                          Editado por última vez por Spanishfly; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3115-spanishfly en , 19:12:13.

Comentario

i cant see what all the fuss is over, you just deny money changed hands, you cant get fined for taking someone to / from an airport, make sure you pay before you pull up at departures

........ its not rocket science

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sunshinegal Ver Mensaje
                              It's not just that they keep an eye out at the airport for money exchanges, they keep an eye on all the drop offs and cars that are regularly seen there can be stopped, questioned and fined.
                              Sorry, is it an illegal act to be seen near an airport???

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X