Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Airport pick up please

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    43

    Default Airport pick up please

    I am treveling to alicante on the 28th december looking for a pick up from alicante airport for myself my wife and 6 year old child. I will be going to la florida. If anyone can pick me up please e mail me at bmlh@eircom.net. Let me know how much it will cost.

    Martin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunningdale, Berks
    Posts
    577

    Default Airport pick up

    I dare say you will get lots of offers from illegal airport runners. Beware, they are illegal and charge as much as a legal taxi and are not insured to be a taxi. There is an article in the papers this week, have a look for yourself. It's in the Round Town News ( RTN Costa Blancas Free Newspaper - Round Town News )
    These people are putting lots of legal workers who pay their taxes out of work and as I say they are not insured which would make you not insured should any accident occur.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    He may get a number of offers, but they will be a LOT less than the rip-off taxis.
    And why are expat Brits so concerned about what is ILLEGAL or not?? The Spanish sure as hell aren´t.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I wonder if this explains why the Guardia were pulling cars in en masse this morning outside san Javier airport ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunningdale, Berks
    Posts
    577

    Default

    I think you will find out that the Spanish taxi drivers sure as hell ARE concerned about illegal taxis. They are taking their livlihood away.
    A legal taxi may be slightly more expensive but don't forget a legal taxi driver has to pay tax and proper insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanishfly View Post
    He may get a number of offers, but they will be a LOT less than the rip-off taxis.
    And why are expat Brits so concerned about what is ILLEGAL or not?? The Spanish sure as hell aren´t.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clydegrove View Post
    You should check out legal prices before talking a load of rubbish.
    Legal price 50 euro for the journey mentioned.
    So the taxi drivers charging 70 or 80 Euros for this length of trip are acting illegally, then??
    Maybe YOU are the one who shold check out legal prices.
    And why is the actual charge always so much more than what is on the meter? That is, assuming the meter is actually running - lots of Spanish taxistas try that stunt!!
    No, I will stick to giving my mate €40 - at least I know what the cost will be then. And if I am taking your livelihood away, I won´t cry any tears.
    Last edited by Spanishfly; 11-27-2008 at 02:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanishfly View Post
    So the taxi drivers charging 70 or 80 Euros for this length of trip are acting illegally, then??
    Maybe YOU are the one who shold check out legal prices.
    And why is the actual charge always so much more than what is on the meter? That is, assuming the meter is actually running - lots of Spanish taxistas try that stunt!!
    No, I will stick to giving my mate €40 - at least I know what the cost will be then. And if I am taking your livelihood away, I won´t cry any tears.
    I have no idea where you got 80€ from - maybe a return trip. I live in Torrevieja and in June my friend wasn't available to pick us up, so we got a LEGAL cab, asked him the price before we got in the cab and agreed to his opening price of 50€. More than happy, more than legal and respecting the country that I live in.

    I get truly annoyed when so called "ex-pats" disrespect the country that they live in, preferring to pay their taxes in the UK but compain when they can't get free services out here, would rather pay an illegal cabbie to take them to the airport instead of paying someone - even an englishman - the pasking price for a legal service which supports the economy and not just the local bars.

    Then we go and complain that we have to pay for translators as the Guardia / Council / National POlice / Notary (the list goes on) don't have the decency to speak English instead of their national language of Castellano.

    Viva España, NOT little Britain!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default

    We would happily use the "legal" taxis at Alicante airport except as our place is in Quesada they will only take us as far as the Arches as they say they will get lost! I get a friend to pick us up and reimburse them the petrol - not only cheaper but also get to catch up on the latest gossip!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banker View Post
    We would happily use the "legal" taxis at Alicante airport except as our place is in Quesada they will only take us as far as the Arches as they say they will get lost! I get a friend to pick us up and reimburse them the petrol - not only cheaper but also get to catch up on the latest gossip!!!
    I also prefer to use friends rather than taxis and reimburse them the petrol, but I defy you to find one of the "professional" but illegal taxis that actually use 40€ of petrol to take you to the airport and back. The fact that they're making money out of you but not paying any tax, any insurance or anything should infuriate you.

    I use legal taxis only when a friend or family member isn't available to take me. If I'm gonna py more than petrol costs I'd rather do it knowing that I'm safe if anything does happen, and also that that person is legal and paying taxes like I myself have to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth - Quesada
    Posts
    42

    Default

    When stopped by the Guardia how do they tell the difference between a 'illegal' taxi and a pal or neighbour who has picked you up as a favour for the price of the petrol? Pretty difficult to prove that you are not an 'illegal' I would presume? Could be awkward.
    Tim

Marcadores

Posting Permissions

  • No puedes publicar nuevas discusiones
  • No puedes responder a discusiones
  • No puedes publicar archivos adjuntos
  • No puedes editar tus posts
  •