Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

torrevieja,??? the positives, advice please.

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

We've been here since 1999 in Montebello, Google it and you'll find the website, There are a few cheap houses for sale, for genuine reasons, have a word with the presidente and go direct. It's a lovely, friendly and helpful place to live.

We had ours on the market a couple of years ago, just having the moving itch, but we've been and stayed in, lots of areas in Spain, from Cadiz to Barcelona and up as far as Madrid and Cuenca, but everytime we come back, we realise there's nothing with as much overall as this area. So we took it off the market.

Human nature dictates that the majority of people will tell you/post on the bad news, but not on the good.

Nothing untoward has happened to us in this or any other area of Spain, and we're are not paranoid about when and where to go and like to go off the beaten track and "explore" the non touristy areas

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por tommylew1 Ver Mensaje
      hi lithgy, thanks for your comments, when you say north of the town, is that going out of town with the beach to your right hand side? we did have a look around that area. certainly you sound like you have it cracked, as i stated previously i feel it better to get a good mix, my daughter just came back from her friends stopping some ten miles out of town, they love it, all spanish who look after the complex and are very friendly.

by the way, can anyone tell me the exact procedure if i wish to leave my car--van in torry all year round? registration etc, whats required?
      Hi again, I am in the North of the town in an area called Aguas Nuevas. It is probably the highest point in Torrevieja which is why it takes longer to walk back from the beach than going to the beach.
      As for leaving your car in Spain I can recommend Amanda at carregcostablanca@hotmail.com who did the whole package for me very efficiently.

Comentario

Hi

Two years ago we bought an apartment right in the centre of Torrevieja, two minutes walk from the bus station, and ten minutes to the beach. The complex consists in total of approxomately 300 apartments, with a large communal area and a pool. A good proportion of the apartments are permanently occupied, mainly by Spanish, but with some ex-pats. I enjoy our holidays in the apartment, and could quite happily live there permanently, but my wife would like more outside space if we were there 24/7/365. When we were last over in September, the estate agents windows were full of apartments for sale and/or rent, so I would echo previous posters and suggest renting for a period. If you really play your cards right you might be able to do a rent with option to purchase!

Hope this helps.

Comentario

[QUOTE=Astra99;53815

Two years ago we bought an apartment right in the centre of Torrevieja, two minutes walk from the bus station, and ten minutes to the beach. The complex consists in total of approxomately 300 apartments, with a large communal area and a pool. A good proportion of the apartments are permanently occupied, mainly by Spanish, but with some ex-pats. I enjoy our holidays in the apartment, and could quite happily live there permanently, but my wife would like more outside space if we were there 24/7/365. When we were last over in September, the estate agents windows were full of apartments for sale and/or rent, so I would echo previous posters and suggest renting for a period. If you really play your cards right you might be able to do a rent with option to purchase!

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

hi astra, you sound happy, its great to see so many like yourself who are giving me a good insight, like your wife my wife and i anticipate the outside space, hence a house, not a apartment, your suggestion of a rent to buy is a good one, if for no other reason than to try it, many thanks. tom.

Comentario

Astra99 - you must be the first person I have seen post with an apartment in the centre of Torrevieja. I bought mine nearly 11 years ago and found that nearly everyone lives on the urbanisations. I particularly wanted to be with Spanish people in the centre and near a beach and I couldn't have found better as I am on Calle Galeon near the Playa del Cura beach. I wanted to make Spanish friends and have a Spanish social life. The only drawback has been that a lot of the Spanish people who have apartments there have it as a second home and many are empty when I visit. If you are near Habaneras I imagine that is more residential which people living there all year round.

There used to be a lot of problems with crime when there was more building going on but I have heard very little recently and certainly never been affected.
            Torrevieja is a place that has not been affected too much by tourism - retains its Spanish flavour but also has its areas for foreigners who wish to live together, usually outside of town.

If I was buying and not staying all year I would ensure I bought somewhere that was not vulnerable when left empty - ie plenty of permanent residents otherwise you could end up flying out more times than you wanted to deal with a flood, break-in etc. If you are expecting grand children to stay ensure there are places around you that welcome children - if you can walk to them, all the better. Choose an area that doesn't always require a car (living in town it is so nice to be able to walk to the shops, the night market etc and join in the promenading on the beach front that goes on at the weekend - a lovely buzzy environment). Remember you are in Spain and should be able to make simple conversation - just common courtesy and you will find that Spanish people are so welcoming and become your friends very quickly when you make an effort. My Spanish neighbours can't do enough for me.

Good luck in your choice

Comentario

Hi SMG.

Yes, I really enjoy being in Torrevieja itself rather than on an urbanisation on the outskirts. When we come over, we don't need to hire a car, Mercadona (on Antonio Machado) is less than five minutes away, Iceland about 15 minutes. Two of our sons have been over, it's the cost of flights during the school holidays, plus the "somewhat warm" weather in July/August which is restricting them coming back, but I am sure they will eventually be able to sort something out. Even when going to bars/restaurants where English is the "first" language, I prefer to speak Spanish, it helps me learn, and, when I get stuck, there is always someone to help with the correct verb conjugation or Spanish word. Even the shopkeeper across the road goes out of his way to help me improve. "Tres veces cien y treinta. Cuánto es?" "Tres euros noventa" I reply. "Tiene cambio de veinte?" "Si, y cuánto será el cambio?" comes his reply. "Dieciseis euros diez" Every holiday I find the language easier. I'm glad I'm not in a "little England" urb!

Comentario

It's good to see there is life outside of the English bars and the urbs

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X