Moving to Spain

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Thanks Bill and Kath, it's tips like this that makes being a member of the forum so worth while. I hope you have both settled to your new life and wish you well for the future.

Iain.

Comentario

Thanks Iain, also currencies direct will transfer monies from your brit account and open a spanish account for you at no charge , and they are based not far away. And they are in La Zenia , which we can walk to from playa flamenca.

Comentario

I bank with Lloyds TSB in the UK, and Bancaja (now Bankia) in Spain. I use Currencies Direct to transfer a fixed amount each month. For this they charge no fee, but the conversion rate is about 2.5 cents below the mid-market rate.
        HTH

Comentario

I use Lioyds and the nearest to Playa Flamenca could be the one at Los Dolcis near to Pets World. never a queue and it has a ATM outside

Comentario

Thank you Bill & Kath, Astra99 and Freddy, please forgive me for being slow with the reply but I have problems with email. The nearest Halifax branch is only a couple of miles away from me so my best bet is to call in and give them a grilling!

Iain

Comentario

Lloyds International are located just off the roundabout up from the La Zenia roundabout which is on the N332.

Comentario

Thanks Morbob, I'll check it out next time I'm over.

Iain

Comentario

Hi Arrowman Banco Halifax (probably changed to Lloyds now) are just off the roundabout where you come off the N332 at the Park of Nations. Instead of going left to go to Habaneras go towards Torre and it is on the right hand side just off the roundabout. not sure what name it is under as I have not been into that branch for about 5 years, but the letter we got from them last year said that all Halifax were being rebranded as Lloyds International.

Comentario

Hi Morbob. I know the area you refer to. Thanks very much.
                    Iain

Comentario

Iain there is a Lloyds at La Zenia I think they & Halifax have amalgamated !

Comentario

Hi Gal, Thank you and thanks to everyone for the incredible response to this thread. I love this forum.
                        Iain.

Comentario

The halifax

Comentario

For information, when everything came crashing down in the banking industry, Lloyds TSB (which was pretty well solvent and would not have needed any government bailout) was virtually ordered by the then government to take over Halifax-Bank-of-Scotland to prevent HBoS going bust. For this some government money was received, but LloydsTSB had to dip deep into its own reserves as well!

Now, Halifax International has been rebranded Lloyds International, amalgamating with the old Lloyds TSB International arm.

I do feel it is a bit strange that the two banks which were in the deepest shh-you-know-what had the word Scotland in their name. And what was the nationality of the UK's Prime Minister at the time? Oh, and don't forget, both these banks, Bank of Scotland, and Royal Bank of Scotland issue their own banknotes north of the border (along with Clydesdale Bank) which are acceptable at parity in England and Wales. underwritten by the Bank of England!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X