Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Moving to Spain

My wife and I are putting our uk home up for sale and retireing to the Playa Flamenca area using long term rental, we have already had two three month breaks there so have no doubts but I want to get an NIE and open a Spanish bank account as once the house sells we will only have four weeks to sort everything out. Can an NIE be obtained in the UK before you sign a rental agreement and can anyone recomend a UK bank that has links with a Spanish bank which would make money transfer easier.

Thank you.

Bank Account

I would suggest opening an account with Santander in the uk then this is usable in spain makes transfers easy

Comentario

Thank you Gallows, does that mean I open an account here in the UK to have my works and state pension paid into and then open a further account in Spain?

Comentario

Move to Spain

You open an acoount in the uk with Santander then when you get to Spain you can go into any Santander bank in spain to make withdrawals pay in pay bills etc without inccouring charges.

Also the Halifax do the same open account in uk and deal with Banco Halifax Hispania only problem with Halifax there isnt that many branches at the moment.

Comentario

Thanks for that I'll be off to the local branch in the morning.

Comentario

As for NIE you need to contact the Spanish Consulate in London they will be able to give you the advice/information/forms you need, you can open a bank in Spain & get your pensions paid directly into it no problems with transfers and you get the commercial rate of the transfer date.
            Editado por última vez por GAL; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2530-gal en , 08:54:27. Razón: addition

Comentario

Thanks Gal your advise is always worth hearing.
              Regards.
              Iain

Comentario

Just an update, I have spoken to Santander UK and this is part of the reply "If you bank with Santander UK it does not make transferring funds outside of the UK free there would be a charge of £25 for a telegraphic transfer " So I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Iain.

Comentario

I have a Halifax Bank account in the UK and I get free transfer of funds to my Lloyds Bank in Torrevieja

Comentario

Hi Bob,

Thank you, is there a branch of Lloyds in Torrevieja as I think that would be the closest to Playa Flamenca.

Iain

Comentario

There is one in Torrevieja, one on the N332 I think betweeb between La Zenia & Cabo Riog and there is a new one opened at the roundabout after the toll booths where you come off the AP7 for Villa Martin. Look for branch addresses at http://www.lloydsbankinternational.e...ing/index.html
                      Editado por última vez por Bob Pallas; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2433-bob-pallas en , 19:53:57.

Comentario

Thank you very much Bob, it's one less thing to worry about.

Iain.

Comentario

If you open a Zero account with Santander in the UK then you can withdraw money from most ATMs in Spain with no charges

Comentario

Thanks Bill & kath that's worth knowing, can't help feeling Santander should have told me that, bit disappointing.

Regards,

Iain

Comentario

We moved here a month ago & they advised us to do that. You need to have 2 direct debits a month coming out and £1000 going in, so we set it up so that a grand goes in then we take it out next day! the account is handy ,but once you get your NIE & open a spanish account its handy to have.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X