X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• house break ins

my house got broken into last night

they pulled the light off outside my flat so no one could see theyve ripped the iron bars off the windows

took my brand new flat screen tv and jewlery what can we do to stop this ive just moved here 7 weeks ago and this has happened

i live on florida golf in villamartin im the only one whos moved in so far from about 60 flats im very very scared about this as they have obviously been watchin me for some time

i left the house about 4 pm and got back at 7 pm to find this

especialy as just last week a woman was murdered just outside alicante as she tried to stop people robing her house

ive just moved here and i feel sick already i stay about 5 flights of stairs up

does anyone know of anyone else getting burgeled or anything they can do i personaly thought u cant get much more of a deterant than metal girders on windows/doors but they just ripped them off its so scary

Comentario

I am so so sorry to hear this. What an absolutely horrible experience for you.

Even worse, (I know you probably can't contemplate that at this time) I have read on the Torrevieja.co.uk site about Moroccans (it said but, personally, I would expect Algerians to be involved as well) gassing the residents - and their dogs! - before robbing their properties while they are IN the house, sleeping!

While I was out there, I read in the English language free press about a gang of violent Algerian burglars who had been robbing houses when the residents were in them and threatening the occupants with knives whom the Police had spotted in their car. When the Police attempted to stop them, they used their car to ram the Police car and got away! The same thing happened a few weeks later and when they rammed the Police car, they wrote off both the vehicles so the Algerians got out and ran for it. The Police chased and caught them and they pulled their knives on the Police!

It is just horrendous and I, as a single woman, was out in Torrevieja for a week recently looking at properties in the area to buy and who has been searching the Web since I had to return to Edinburgh for hospital treatement, am really having serious doubts about buying anywhere on the coast.

I have to say, when I emailed a couple of Spanish (male) friends of mine - one in Madrid and the other in Murcia - to tell them I was coming over to look at a flat in Torrevieja, they both said, "Why on Earth would you consider buying there? There's lots of crime in the area!"

Someone did post, appealing to Brits NOT TO BUY new build properties on Orijuela Costa (in order to try and discourage the over-development of the area).

Like you, I thought the grills over doors and windows were making the properties secure!

Please be assured that I am horrified that this has happened to you and I am just sorry that I can't suggest anything to make you feel any safer.

The awful thing is, that you are very vulnerable, as the sole occupied property in the block and, with the way that Spanish property is going currently, it could be ages before any of the others are sold.

Actually, if I was you, I would get on to whomever sold you the apartment. In my opinion, it is they who placed you in this ultra-vulnerable position.

Comentario

I bet that's put your mind at ease. Seriously though the burglars tend to target new arrivals.

Comentario

Sorry to hear about break in. These thugs will always look for a weak spot and in this case they will have known that you are the only occupant and worked on the isolation of the property. My advice would be to invest in one of those 24 hour monitored alarm systems on as short a contract as you can get. That way you will not feel so isolated as there will always be another human being on stand by (albeit remotely) to react to any futher incident and also give potential burglars a visible deterent to stop them trying again. By the time your contract expires you will have other neighbours and the thugs will move on somewhere else. On the positive side (if there is one) at least they waited till you were out. 95% of people here have a tail to tell about someone they know that something similar has happened to but they still stay here as the positives by far outway the negitives. Don't let them win by showing that you are scared of them and I hope you never encounter this sort of thing again.

Comentario

I have posted a message on this subject before and it is still happening.

The builders (workmen) are usually involved in this sort of crime they know that as new arrivals move in to the properties they will have lots of cash, credit cards, passports etc.

Televisions and video/dvd's did not feature but I guess now that the new LCD tvs are being installed they are worth more ( especially when taken to Morrocco).

Best advice is to be extra cautious on new developments.

It would be interesting to know via this site if following a break in of this nature the Burgler alarm man turns up to sell.

Comentario

Comentario

burglary

I am sorry to hear of you ordeal , having lived in London all my life without incident I was burgled within 6 months of moving to Norfolk, it's not just Spain.

Comentario

What a rotten thing to happen to you jeanelliot. I don't have a magic wand and it doesn't help being told all the othr horror stories from people posting on here. You can only do what you would do in the UK. Take all the precautions possible Alarm, good locks all the usual stuff.

I know you are worried but try to move on and don't let thesel ow lifes dominate your life and make you live your life with a seige mentality.

Good luck and hoping everything will turn out ok. I am sure it will.

Comentario

Sorry to hear about your break in and I am sure it was scary. Its so easy to remember good old England as a safe haven but that is far from the case - if we regularly went onto an English forum I am sure we would be flying to Spain in our droves. There's terrible things that happen here in England, and they certainly wouldnt wait till you had gone out.

Good luck and hope you have a happy life - I truly do believe it was something to do with the builders etc. The same thing happened to some villas near us - though unfortunately the thieves managed to get hold of something like 17000 euros as the guy was planning on paying for his pool to be built.

Tornado
                    x

Comentario

A lady who works in my local branch of the Halifax and who has recently bought a new-build property somewhere on La Costa Blanca north of Alicante told me she had been told that Torrevieja was the crime Capital of Europe.

Comentario

Alyson, you also seem to have a talent for making feel people worse about the situation they are in. It is also interesting you don't live over here and don't even have a holiday place here and yet you feel qualified to comment and to pass on your knowledge on all kinds of things.

Comentario

"A lady who works in my local branch of the Halifax.....that Torrevieja was the crime Capital of Europe" - well my dog told me it wasn't so who do you believe?

hang on a minute, let me catch up with the dustman running down the road for the definitive decision!

Comentario

..... the dustman's just told me his dead aunt sent him a message last night that confirms Alyson's reliable insider info so everyone needs to sell up now quickly!

Has the Halifax woman got any share info? coz I'm willing to gamble my house on her advice!

Comentario

What is it they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X