Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Internet in Torrevieja

I come over two or three times a year, for about two weeks at a time. I would like to bring my laptop over and get online, but i don't want to have to pay the line rental all year round. what would be the best way to go about this? Ive heard about using a dongle but i have no idea which companies have the best rates for Spain. Thanks.

Plenty of really cheap internet cafes around or if you want to use your laptop there are now also plenty of wi-fi options or chat up a neighbour to get their router code.

Comentario

I have an orange Spanish dongle, however it is quite expensive. I paid 29 euros for the dongle and the daily price has recently risen to 3.5 euros per day pay as you go. I know some people who have a yogio dongle or a carrefour dongle which they say can be as cheap as 1 euro per day pay as you go. I have also found that most bars and eateries will give you their passwords to access their internet connections. Once in the laptop it will remember the passwords and as you move around your laptop will auto connect to the nearest signal. Good luck and let us know which one you end up with?

Comentario

There are so many wi-fi places about now,you only have to buy a coffee or a beer,much cheaper than a dongle!

Comentario

In similar circumstances to gasehound, I have had various short-term pay-per-day deals in recent years with The Phone Shop at Haberneras Centre using different internet service providers. I consider these internet charges expensive for short term. Usually at least one person at The Phone Shop there speaks English although I cannot say the service is particularly friendly.
          There IS free wi-fi on the top floor of the Haberneras Centro Comercial and in the square outside the Teatro Municipal etc but laptops are only really comfortable to use at a table and trying to do any serious internet work sitting on a bench is not realistic. I personally have not really found any cafes where you would actually want to have coffee and which has free wi-fi for customers. The Valor branch in the centre of Torrevieja, for example, does not share its wi-fi with customers or so I found. As for Rob1305's suggestion of asking a neighbour for permission to use their wi-fi, I do not think anybody I know would be happy to share a service they pay for with someone who does not pay anything.
          However I would be interested in hearing any suggestions or of other people's experiences in short-term internet access.

Comentario

No I agree long term free use of a neighbours sytem would be unreasonable, but arrangements could be made. I have my neighbours router code as a backup and vice versa as we both have different suppliers. All depends how you get on with the neighbours!

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X