Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Living & Working in Torrevieja

Hi, My wife and I are considering moving to Torrevieja in the near future. We would be buying a property in cash so no problems with a mortgage etc.
    I would like an idea of what the costs of living are in Spain and also if there are many opportunities for work in the area. We are also considering
    starting/buying a small business (we are both in our 40's so not quite ready to put our feet up yet). Neither of us have a particular
    trade so would be considering maybe full/part-time/casual work.
    If anyone has any advice it woud be greatly appreciated.

KJ

To be honest it all depends on lifestyle and property type but fair to say less than the UK due to low council tax equivalent. Whilst I think determined people can always find work you must understand the economy here is very difficult with high unemployment and if you do not speak Spanish this could further limit your opportunities. I suggest you don't burn your UK bridges, rent here to start with and spend time researching (thoroughly from reliable souces not the bloke down the pub) the local scene before commiting to a property. Good luck.

Comentario

Hi,

If you wanted to come and see me (obviously no charge) at Spanish Solutions in La Zenia, I will be happy to go through everything with you. The general expenses when renting, buying costs, costs of being self-employed or setting up your own business, taxes etc. The better informed you are the easier it will be to deal with things and make long term decisions. All the best, Amanda

Comentario

Although it is commendable of Spanish Solutions to offer free advice, you would be best advised as said before in renting a property 1stly and dont sell up in the UK to follow your dream cos although we all have dreams many have had them dashed as they are just that, and the reality is you could be left in negative equity as lots of us here have been. Work is a no no and you would be very brave to start a new business there are plenty of going concerns waiting for the next investor. I dont want to put you off but you must realise things are dire here too, as in the UK and there is 28% (I think) unemployement mostly the younger end, on a more postive note wee love living in the sun and it is cheaper Household Bill wise, food is about the same if you dont want to eat Kellogs for breakfast the Spanish equicalent is as good but do you want to come here and live your life working every hour to make ends meet, you also need to consider healthcare, and the Spanish legal and tax systems are frustrating to say the least

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X