Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Spanish Schooling- preparation

My advice would be to see if you can get him to mix with Spanish children. If he's out-going enough places like the beach and the local plazas in the evening where children of his age will be playing. If he needs a bit more encouragement, try and find some local activities which local children participate in over summer months such as sports or craft activities. The best place to find out about these would be in the Casa de Cultura at Pilar.

His more immediate needs, before numbers and colours, will be the "cut and thrust" language of play and understanding basic instructions, which he will get naturally from mixing with children of his age.

Jane

Comentario

macg,

Without being patronising, may I just say how refreshing it is to see someone posting on such a topic. Over the last 18 to 24 months I have seen so many posts along the lines of "We are moving to Torrevieja in the next 3 weeks, how do we register our child in the local school".

Well done for taking time to consider what is best for your grandson to help him integrate as quickly as possible both before, and when he arrives in Spain.

Best wishes,

Chris.

Comentario

We are moving over there as soon a possible (when our house sells) our biggest worry was school for our children. Our daughter is just 12 and we think mar azul will be best for her given her age, but our son is just turned 8 and we were unsure what to do with him, but when we came over in feb we went to the pub in the evening, we never saw him he was off with about 12 kids his age some english some spanish it didnt bother him one bit, 2 of the spanish kids lived at the pub and the next evening he spent most of the night either in their house or in the kitchen and said they all managed to get along pretty well.
        So i would say at 6yrs old its a good enough age to get them into spanish school and will adapt pretty quick. But as Jane says you need to make sure he can mix easy with the spanish kids.

Comentario

Comentario

Spanish Schooling- preparation

Thank you for all the helpful advice and comments.
            I am sure my grandson will get on fine. I have more doubts about myself. In preparation for our permanent move both my wife and myself have been going to Spanish classes for almost a couple of years as has my daughter. Whilst I feel reasonably comfortable reading and writing Spanish with the help at times of the dictionary and the verb book, and also on our trips to Spain we have coped with one to one situations, I find I get frustrated and despondent when I try listening to tapes or to Spanish TV.
            Can those of you who have faced similar situations advise me how long it took living in Spain to get up to speed with understanding Spanish at normal conversational speed and understanding the news on TV or radio. I have tried watching Spanish films but without sub titles I am lost. The only bits of Spanish TV which I can say I understand are the Adverts! Can you get sub titles on most Spanish programmes such as we have in the UK
            Thanks once again. I find this forum really helpful.
            Macg

Comentario

Thanks beastess i have tried to get her to learn spanish but she keeps saying she will learn more when she gets there, i have just started my second spanish course and sometimes i will speak to her in spanish and tell her if she wants to know what i am saying learn it.

Macg i an not what you would call fluent, infact i probably only know 500 words at the most but i find that when i speak it on our visits there, most people will slow down a little when they talk to you and will also correct you if you get something a little wrong, they seem to be glad your making the effort, thats the impression i always get anyway

Comentario

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X