Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Little Guantanamo in Orihuela Costa

Because of an article in one of the local newspapers Stefan Pokroppa from Orihuela Costa town hall put a video on youtube in German saying the free Spanish lessons aren´t like that. Here it is:

YouTube - Little guantanamo en Orihuela Costa

Ive been able to get hold of th footage and have done an English translation:

YouTube - Little guantanamo in Orihuela Costa (English Translation)

i hope you like it.

PP

The English translation does not add anything worthwhile to this debate. Whilst few people might agree with Stefan Pokroppa, there is undoubtably a schooling problem in the area. His views on English and Irish pupils sound as though they come from someone who has little experience of being in schools on a regular basis and stem from an unfamiliarity of young people from another culture. We all understand that there are problems with some young people in the UK and Germany, as no doubt there are with some in Spain. However, I have also no doubt that the problems are not limited to one nationality. I have no experience of Spanish education but I have of both German and UK systems and yes there are cultural differences that might cause a sharp intake of breath from an adult finding themselves in a school and surrounded by young people. However, when I have passed by schools in Spain I get the impression that there is not a great deal to distinguish these pupils from pupils in Germany or the UK.
    As for the free Spanish lessons what I saw is an adult class who all seemed happy to be there and for the provision of these classes the Local Authority should be commended.
    Editado por última vez por Lithgy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/103-lithgy en , 10:59:18.

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X