Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• job prospects in torrevieja

hi, just need some info on the job oppurtunities in torrevieja, coming to view properties soon and need to know what are my chances in finding work, i am currently trying to learn spanish and i am not fussy about the type of work i do (within reason) if anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

The unemployment rate is going up at the moment and from what I've heard it is difficult to find work. It would certainly help if you were fluent in Spanish, so many people come over and expect to work and cannot speak a word of Spanish. They think that because they held down a good job in England it will be easy here, it's not. Some people make a lot of money doing housecleaning and airport runs, gardening, other odds and sods, all cash in hand and all illegal, so be careful and think hard.

Comentario

Without Spanish you will be restricted to working for British companies or Bar work/Waiting on, of which there are plenty about. Best to come and rent for a bit and have a good look round first before you burn all your bridges. The cost of living is a lot cheaper than the UK but the wages are less. The climate and lifestyle is a big plus as long as you are not working all hours to make ends meet

Comentario

thankyou for answering my question about finding work, i have thought really hard about this move and have come to the conclusion that i work long hours here just to pay my bills and looks like i will have to keep working til i,m 75 to pay off my mortgage so i may as well go for it !

Comentario

The diference is that here, you will have to work all hours but still won't be able to pay your bills.

Comentario

Wages are a lot less, so is cost of living.
            Too many comes over and expect to work less and gain more. thats not how its done.
            You can make a great living over here if you want to. but its not always easy.
            A friedn of mine usually says that the standard of living is higher in the UK, but the quality of living is much higher here.
            I tend to agree with him.

Comentario

thanks for advice on job front, cant wait to come and look at properties , i know i gotta be realistic about jobs and such but still hopeful , maybe my boys being in school will help in meeting people and understanding how things work .

Comentario

You have children!!!!!!!

Do they have a school to go to? Have they got a place?

With your very casual approach I assumed you MUST be single.

You really need to do at least some preparation before thinking of moving over.

Think of your family fer goodness sake.

Comentario

I also thought perhaps you were single or just married with no kids, but to bring kids over without having a job, bit silly. Unless you are loaded of course then it's a different ball game. Could you not come over on your own, rent a place/room, feel the water and see for yourself. Don't burn all your bridges.

Comentario

sorry that i didnt make it clear about the kids , i have researched this endlessly on the internet ( I know its not the same as the real thing ) and i have been thinking about it for a long time and im not being casual in any way ,in fact i think of little else. i have valid reasons for wanting to make a new life for the boys and myself , and i will be mortgage free if i make the move. As for schools dont i need to know where we,ll be living before the boys are placed at school, i,m not dozy enough to move somewhere without getting them into school . i havent burnt any bridges yet either!

Comentario

I am almost afraid to ask but how old are your children?

Comentario

and i am afraid to answer, they are 10 and 13

Comentario

Oh blimey!

Think carefully, those are very difficult ages.

Comentario

I wouldnt worry to much about the kids, that age they usually adapt very easily.
                            However, Job is a must unless you dont need an income.
                            As Crisdee said. If you have the option to come over and find work first. then they can come along later.
                            Set your priorities right.
                            Job, place to live and school. in that order.

Comentario

hi , i appreciate your advice on finding work , i see what you mean ,i,ve been searching on line for hours , i have looked in the newspaper classifieds and job searches , its quite daunting isnt it?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X