Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Gas And Electric Prices

Today British Gas has announced that it is increasing its gas prices by 35% & its electricity by 9%. They quote that the increase is due to the rising oil prices, Am i missing something here or am i totaly thick, how does the price of oil affect the price of gas (that is natural gas that comes from the north sea) so where is the need for huge amounts of oil for the production of something that occurs naturally. Perhaps its just that i am diselusioned with the UK and enjoy a moan, roll on our move to spain later this year. anyone else had enough of the big companies ripping us off? or am i on my own just being Mr ANGRY from the not so good old UK

harpo, you hit the nail on the head... it aint a good old uk any more ... the gas and electric prices are just part of the whole demise of the uk ... me .. i cant wait to move out there in 23 months time... yehaa... Viva Espana.!!

Comentario

Gas and Electric prices

Supply and demand comes to mind. Don't use the central heating, get the fleecies out, thick socks, good old fashioned vests, ear muffs, and have a nice little cuddle. The bit I dont understand is when they say they've made a loss and only made 62 million (or however many). HELLO................

Comentario

Yes,
        they have made more profit this year than they did last year so how can they justify such a huge increase. i think the bosses and shareholders are just downright greedy as the bosses bonus is based on the amount of profit the company makes!
        Its about time the ordinary hard working people stood up to be counted and said NO MORE RIP OFFS, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!
        This country is going down the toilet and we didnt even vote for our current Prime Minister, he got the job by default.
        I for one am not going to wait around to be flushed down the sewer so ESPANIA here i come. "HAPPY DAYS"
        MR EXTREEMLEY ANGRY

Comentario

The profit made by british gas cannot be read in isolation. their profit represents a !% profit margin and therefore once everything is taken into account they make !% after tax. Which leaves very little for investment and simply at this moment they are living from hand to mouth. With regard to the link between gas and oil prices results from the uk not producing enough gas for domestic consumption and british gas and the other gas supply companies have to buy the gas from our european partners and it is the european market that ties gas and oil prices together, therefore oil goes up and gas follows. I neither work for british gas or try to justify the price increases just trying to explain the reasons.

Comentario

According to TVE1 (like BBC1) the profit of Petronor increased 12% compared to the same period last year. They say its because the price of oil. But if they claim that the oil price goes up becasue they have to pay more to get extract it, how come their profit increased because of that?

Comentario

That 12% includes the gas they sell to emerging countries and any reduction in the operating costs of british gas i.e. loss of labour, loans coming to an end. You have also to remember when you listen to so called profits what those profit figures are, pre-tax, after tax, operating profits all are different you know what they say about statistics. I am not defending anything just trying to explain. I have also to pay my heating and lighting bills and I admit it won't cause me any difficulties but by the same rule I think people on a fixed or low income should be supported and to some extent protected from this terrible increase in fuel in all its forms. I am just saying be careful taking the headline figure as gospel. The increase in fuel prices has nothing at all to do with extraction costs, it as all to do with supply and demand and speculative investors pushing the price of crude oil up and up. Cheers

Comentario

Just thought I would add my pennyworth. Spring 2008 we had a letter from British gas stating that due to rising costs, our gas bill would be rising 35%. We paid a standing bill of £30 a month and British gas said this would now have to go up to £60 a month. I phoned as asked how does a 35% increase in prices warrant a 100% price increase in standing charges. The reply was to " cover future price increases" . Now in August we have been told that the price is to rise again another 35% ! . Does that mean another 100% price rise in direct debits?. WE HAVE NOW PLANNED TO RETIRE TO SPAIN AT THE END OF THE YEAR. HOLA SPAIN AND GOOD BYE MONEY GRABBING BRITAIN.
                GOLFER25

Comentario

Gas and Electric prices

As least for most people here, gas is pay as you use. Most of us have the gas bottles for our heating and water so you don't notice the price as much as you don't get a hefty bill every 2 months or 3 months but on saying that it has gone up considerably over the past few years. Don't know why there aren't more solar powered things considering the amount of sunshine we get here. Perhaps it's the initial outlay? There is a new small urbanisation quite close to the Torrevieja football stadium that has been built which is solar panels and ECO friendly, keep meaning to look at the showhouse but never seem to have the time. It's like that when you've retired!

Comentario

I have seen these houses, and they do have solar hot water. We went for years to Cyprus and ALL house have to have this fitted. When we move to Spain this will be a priority to have installed. Average price is €1500-€2000 . this is a good investment and could save you 80% on hot water bills. I also believe that the the local council (Valencia ) will give every install a rebate.
                    Golfer25

Comentario

Bottled Gas Prices

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                      As least for most people here, gas is pay as you use. Most of us have the gas bottles for our heating and water so you don't notice the price as much as you don't get a hefty bill every 2 months or 3 months but on saying that it has gone up considerably over the past few years. Don't know why there aren't more solar powered things considering the amount of sunshine we get here. Perhaps it's the initial outlay? There is a new small urbanisation quite close to the Torrevieja football stadium that has been built which is solar panels and ECO friendly, keep meaning to look at the showhouse but never seem to have the time. It's like that when you've retired!
                      How much is a bottle of gas now?
                      I have not had to buy any this year.

Comentario

Bottled gas prices

A bottle of butane 12.5kg is 13.76 home delivery or 13.07 from the Cepsa garage. A friend had gas central heating fitted but does not use it as he was getting through a good few large bottles a week, not the 12.5kg bottles, the big long ones and it was costing him a fortune.

Comentario

Bottled Gas Prices

Many thanks for the information.
                          Our next door neighbour has has gas central heating fitted, which he runs on 12.5kg bottles.
                          It will be interested to see if he runs it this winter.

Comentario

Gas and electric prices

The best thing for me is a log fire, don't think you can beat it. The only problem is the cleaning the morning after, but for what you get out of it, not a big deal. It seems to heat the whole house and doesn't cause any condensation which can be a problem with the mobile gas heaters. If you are entitled to winter fuel allowance, that pays for the logs (I can feel another debate opening up here). For information, I don't have a log fire and I don't get winter fuel allowance, wish I did.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                              The best thing for me is a log fire, don't think you can beat it. The only problem is the cleaning the morning after, but for what you get out of it, not a big deal. It seems to heat the whole house and doesn't cause any condensation which can be a problem with the mobile gas heaters. If you are entitled to winter fuel allowance, that pays for the logs (I can feel another debate opening up here). For information, I don't have a log fire and I don't get winter fuel allowance, wish I did.
                              Firewood is expensive in Spain though.
                              All new builnding as from 2008 MUST have solarpower for at least the warmwater.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X