X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

yes i live in guardamar the cat jumped

Comentario

after reading the main page story on this it stated residents left there homes and went to the mian suqare.....

what exactly do you do in the event of an earthquake?

Comentario

Earthquake/Tremor

The thing is, they are normally over just as you realise what the hell is going on. But they do say, get down by the side of the bed as thats a safe place, the debris will fall around you and the bed would save you.
        Duck under a sturdy piece of furniture, cover your eyes with your arm and hold on. If you are not near a strong table or desk, sit on the floor near an interior wall and away from windows, fireplaces, appliances or furniture that could topple over. Doorways are not necessarily safer than other locations. Avoid being in or under stairwells or near building expansion joints.
        I just heard the noise, realised what was happening, and waited with baited breath praying the house wouldn't fall down. My partners response was "Go to sleep and don't be silly". So there you go, hopefully it will only ever be tremors and not anything major. Sweet dreams ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comentario

ah i can just imagine me waking up at like 4 in the morning after one too many down the celtic drop to one of these "little shakes"

Comentario

Earthquake and insurance cover

Some of you raised queries as to whether damage by earthquake wiould be covered under your house/apartment insurance policy.
            I have checked my policy wording which is with Mapfre.
            Earthquake damage is not covered by Mapfre.
            However it appears that earthquake damage is covered by the Insurance Compensation Consortium for Losses Deriving from Extraordinary Circumstances provided a surcharge has been paid under the Mapfre policy to the Insurance Compensation Consortium.
            It seems to me that this compensation consortium operates on more or less the same basis as the Terrorisim reinsurance pool operates for commercial insurance in the UK.
            Next time I am over in Torrevieja I will be checking with my broker to find out if my policy has this surcharge payment - remember Torreiveja suffered severe earhtquake damage about 160 years ago and the area is subject to regular earthquakes.
            Rgds,
            Dermot Sheehy.

Comentario

Earthquake/Tremor

Cheers for that Dermot, it a thing that I'm always going to do tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems to come, but I think I will definitely sort this out next week with my insurance company as it's a lot of money involved when it's a house.

Comentario

Earthquake

I also have my insurance with Mapfre taken out through Solbank. I will have to check with them when I am out in September.
                Thanks for that Dermot - it's good to be made aware of it.

Comentario

excellent dermot cheers for that i will have it checked out!

Comentario

Earthquake/tremor

Typical!! Walked down to the insurance company today, thought I'd get it sorted out once and for all - Guess what? Shop closed, arghhhh.
                    Only open Mon-Fri. Will try again next week, fingers crossed we don't get a bad one between now and then.

Comentario

Earthquake insurance

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio Ver Mensaje
                      Check your house insurance, I very much doubt you'd be covered. Scary thought eh!
                      I know it's an old post and no we haven't had another earthquake. It's just that I went to pay my yearly house insurance today and I did ask the question "Am I covered in the event of an earthquake" and their reply was "Not by your insurance company but you are by the governments insurance".
                      Apparently I've been paying a few euros on top every year, this year 9.46 euros and that is for if my house gets damaged during an earthquake, my insurance company do all the dealings with the governments insurance and hopefully sorts it out.
                      On my receipt it is down as Consorcio.
                      At least I found a little comfort in that.
                      Lets hope I never have to use this service.
                      So it may be worth checking if you also have this.
                      I didn't ask, but maybe it's automatic?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                        I know it's an old post and no we haven't had another earthquake. It's just that I went to pay my yearly house insurance today and I did ask the question "Am I covered in the event of an earthquake" and their reply was "Not by your insurance company but you are by the governments insurance".
                        Apparently I've been paying a few euros on top every year, this year 9.46 euros and that is for if my house gets damaged during an earthquake, my insurance company do all the dealings with the governments insurance and hopefully sorts it out.
                        On my receipt it is down as Consorcio.
                        At least I found a little comfort in that.
                        Lets hope I never have to use this service.
                        So it may be worth checking if you also have this.
                        I didn't ask, but maybe it's automatic?
                        It doesnt just cover earthquakes, but all nature disasters as a hailstorm. about 6 years ago there was a hailstorm in Elche/Santa Pola. with icelumps the size of golfballs hitting everything. In my village a lot of roofs were destroyed, and our insurance covered that. as it was classed as a "Zona catastrofica"
                        You should have seen some of the cars, Looked like someone had gone apesh*t on them with a hammer.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
                          It doesnt just cover earthquakes, but all nature disasters as a hailstorm. about 6 years ago there was a hailstorm in Elche/Santa Pola. with icelumps the size of golfballs hitting everything. In my village a lot of roofs were destroyed, and our insurance covered that. as it was classed as a "Zona catastrofica"
                          You should have seen some of the cars, Looked like someone had gone apesh*t on them with a hammer.
                          Is it automatically in all insurance policies then or should people check for themselves and make sure they are covered? I am with Knights Insurance and it is an extra on my receipt. Although I didn't ask for it, but glad I have it.

Comentario

I havent got a clue. But I assume (perhaps wrongly so) that it is. But I think it has to be declared as a disaster by officials. So a small tremmor that only does a small crack in your house but nowhere else, perhaps wouldnt be covered. The big flood in north Alicante was declared a disaster so they were covered.

Comentario

The only tremor picked up in region by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre in the last 24 hours was this one:

Magnitude: mb 3.8
                              Region: SPAIN
                              Date/Time: 2008-09-07 at 19:52:38.3 UTC
                              Depth:11 km
                              Distances:34 km SE Alacant (pop 315,863 ; local time 21:52 2008-09-07); 34 km SE Sant Joan d'Alacant (pop 19,932 ; local time 21:52 2008-09-07)

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por ScottB Ver Mensaje
                                The only tremor picked up in region by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre in the last 24 hours was this one:

Magnitude: mb 3.8
                                Region: SPAIN
                                Date/Time: 2008-09-07 at 19:52:38.3 UTC
                                Depth:11 km
                                Distances:34 km SE Alacant (pop 315,863 ; local time 21:52 2008-09-07); 34 km SE Sant Joan d'Alacant (pop 19,932 ; local time 21:52 2008-09-07)

it was nearly a month ago

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X