Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• New Murcia Airport

Is the new Murcia airport ever going to happen. When I searched on Google I could not find out any information about the new airport. The only places where it was mentioned was on the British websites selling houses in Spain. They were using the prospect of the new airport to temp people to buy properties in the Costa Calida area.

I don't know whether any work has actually started but no one seems to have any real first hand information. Even when I ask Spanish people they always refer to a friend of a friend who told them .........

If a new international airport was being built in the Uk it would take about 10 years before it was operational. The estate agents keep referring to the new Murcia airport opening in 2006.

Has anyone ever seen the site and observed any activity or is this just an urban myth?

PaddyW

last time I was at Murcia airport, 6 weeks ago thay was a lot of work going on.

Comentario

Please see following article from www.los-alcazares.com which may be of interest:

New Runway - "A Waste of Money"

Juan Escudero, mayor of Los Alcazares has stated that he agrees with Miguel del Toro, president of CROEM, the region's confederation of employers, that the construction of a second runway at San Javier Airport will not fulfil the region's needs and would in fact be a waste of money.

The mayor, also backed by many residents of the town remains staunchly against the construction of the second runway, maintaining that the inevitable increase in flights will present a nuisance and danger to those living in the Mar Menor area. He believes that in the future, the key airport for the Murcia region should be the proposed airport at Corvera. Planning Director of the national airport authority AENA, Aryan Angel Luis, in Madrid, confirmed that plans for the new airport at Corvera had been cleared and that the decision on whether or not the Corvera airport will be built is now in the hands of the Regional Government and its president Ramon Luis Valcarcel. Despite the protests, construction of the new 2 kilometre runway at San Javier is well underway. It is envisaged that the airport will be able to handle at least four times the number of flights that it handles at present. Part of the reason for this is that the current ban on night-time flights will also be lifted. A fact will make the proponents of the Corvera scheme even more determined.

Chris.

Comentario

Hi PaddyW
        My thoughts exactly.
        I raised this subject on the previous forum because I had read and heard so much about it. The impression that I have now, is that it was a project discussed some time ago and then shelved until some time in the future. The estate agents however have kept the idea alive simply to help them sell property. Most searches for the new Murcia airport you will find probably lead to some estate agent or other website.

Comentario

Some estate agents are also claiming you can get high rents from doctors needed for the new hospital near Mar Azul. That too, has stalled along the way. Maybe they are just out of date or desperate!

Comentario

http://www.roundtownnews.com/article...pub=05/01/2005

Moi.
            Tarmo

Comentario

this year!

Chris.

Comentario

The original project completion date for the new airport was 2005, but this is clearly irrelevant now.

There are many developments now in inland Murcia - Calasparra is one area I know of - which are using the new airport as a key part of their publicity.

Jane

Comentario

New Airport on Track (according to the Costa Blanca News this week)
                  A timetable has been set out by the Murcia government for the opening of a new privately-run airport in the region...........
                  Work on the airport which will be situated between Corvera and Valladolises is scheduled to START before the end of 2005........has suffered delays, the regional government is STILL HOPEFUL the airport will open on schedule in 2008.........

Comentario

Thanks, Reddragon. Hadn't seen that.

I wonder how this will affect the traffic going to and from San Javier? I'm sure that San Javier will enlarge over the course of the next two+ years (e.g. car park improvements already complete, plans for a second runway being discussed). Also, can the airspace over the area handle two airports in such a close proximity?

I bet the estate agents are relieved that this is going ahead - some of them have been trading off the Corvera airport plans for years now.

Chris.

Comentario

It will be interesting to see which of the low cost airlines use the new airport. I presume that it is too soon for them to express any interest.

It looks that the San Javier expansion will be completed before the new airport is finished. Another post said that the number of flights to San Javier would be quadrupled once the new runway is finished. Does anyone know which of the low cost airlines will increase their use of San Javier?
                      PaddyW

Comentario

Ryanair are increasing their use of San Javier airport. Flights to Liverpool start at the end of March, with, according to the airline more in the pipeline.
                        Cath

Comentario

I am interested particularly in flights from Gatwick which is my nearest airport.
                          PaddyW

Comentario

Me too, Paddy. I wish Easyjet would open up a route. Depending on which side of Gatwick you are, EU jet fly to Murcia from Manston down in Kent. I've thought of using them but they only fly (and return) on weekends, and I like to get out on Friday night to squeeze in the extra day!

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X