Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
    But would it be legal to SELL sky boxes in Spain?
    I am no legal eagle, but would assume that if the "decoders" were freely available to purchase from the manufacturer, then as the purchaser you would be completely within your rights to resell them if you so wished, providing there was no restrictions imposed by the manufacturer upon original purchase.

And who said that these "decoders" were Sky boxes ? They are no different to the coship boxes that you use to recieve telmicro transmissions, or any other type of decoder. If they were not purchased from Sky originally, then they are not Sky boxes, just boxes of electronics used to decode encoded transmissions.

So what is the difference between buying a dish and one of these boxes, than going into Carrefore and buying a box and dish from them to watch Spanish TV - apart from the fact that the one from Carrefore has a 90% chance of not working or breaking down in the first week

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Warrior Ver Mensaje
      I quote directly as follows:
      "Member States must ensure freedom of reception and they may not restrict retransmission on their territory of television programmes from other Member States."
      and, in the revised directive of June 1997:
      "Events of major importance for society ( such as sporting events): the revised directive allows events which are considered to be of major importance for society to be broadcast freely to the public. Each Member State may therefore draw up a list of events which have to be broadcast in unencoded form, even if exclusive rights have been purchased by pay-TV channels."
      So it´s alright John it´s not illegal in fact it´s our God (well EEC!) given right.
      Hell if we were Spanish there would be riots in the streets,
      "Give us our LEGAL TV back and stuff Rupert Murdoch"
      So contrary to the abundant waffle on here about the legalities of receiving English tv here in Spain it is actually SKY themselves that are acting illegally, by restricting reception. The only illegal act that we could possibly be accused of is receiving pay to view channels that we havent paid for. However if we purchase a sky subscription, and pay the correct fee to obtain these channels, then we are quite within our rights to receive them.

Comentario

DONT TALK BOLLOCKS. Sky Transmit a encrypted system that is only available to viewers living in the UK and Eire. And as for having paid for a sky subscription. WELL YOU'VE BEEN CONNED. No one who operates in Spain offering Sky Packages are legal. JUST GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS. END OF STORY. Please do not listen to these tossers, its all a CON. When you take out a subscription here, it as nothing to do with BSkyB, you are just paying these con artist who have a sky box and card and then re-transmit the programs to your tv. Just look around and tell me how many of your dishes actually point to the heavens. No, they point to the nearest transmitter.
        Editado por última vez por pleeky; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2350-pleeky en , 01:18:56.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por pleeky Ver Mensaje
          DONT TALK BOLLOCKS. Sky Transmit a encrypted system that is only available to viewers living in the UK and Eire. And as for having paid for a sky subscription. WELL YOU'VE BEEN CONNED. No one who operates in Spain offering Sky Packages are legal. JUST GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS. END OF STORY. Please do not listen to these tossers, its all a CON. When you take out a subscription here, it as nothing to do with BSkyB, you are just paying these con artist who have a sky box and card and then re-transmit the programs to your tv. Just look around and tell me how many of your dishes actually point to the heavens. No, they point to the nearest transmitter.
          They used to allow it,
          now it's a crack down.

How stupid does people want to get.

I disagree, I disaprove, etc etc etc, but I don't steal peoples money. People just love getting it stolen. Having read this, I feel no sorry for them.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por skytvinspain
            If anyone wants;

1. A 1.9 dish
            2. A SKY card that you pay "SKY" every month from your debit card "NOT US" it shows up as "SKY on your statement"
            3. A SKY receiver box manufactured by Pace for "SKY"
            4. We will install dish and tune it into SKY

This is the only "legal" way of receiving sky tv in spain.

This is not using re-broadcasting via micromesh

This is as was quoted in the press and internet as !Legitimately receiving SKY via a sky box with a SKY subscription that is paid to SKY"

This is FACT not Forum smoke signals, bar talk, Im lonely have no life so harp on about stuff I clearly just want to moan about.

I am now cancelling my membership to this forum as It is so frustrating listening to what can only be described as "drivle" you stick to your quiz nights and knitting and if anyone wants there own "legitamte" sky box sky card and dish and want to pay SKY direct give me a call....
            This is FACT, straight from BsKYB

Subject: generalForm
            Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:43:22 +0100
            To: pleeky@hotmail.com

Dear Mr Lease

Thank you for your email regarding Sky in Spain.

May I explain that Sky retails various packages of channels (some owned by Sky, but the majority being third party channels) to viewers in the UK and Eire under the terms of agreements which we have with the rights holders for those channels.

Sky does not have the right to broadcast the channels outside the UK and Eire and it is for this reason that our customer contract states that subscribers cannot take their viewing cards and receiving equipment abroad and use it to view Sky’s retailed channels. One exception to this is Sky News which is currently broadcast unencrypted across Europe.

There are many different satellite companies abroad, but any retailers abroad that are trading in Sky Satellite are trading illegally. I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Kind regards

Lauren Griffin
            Customer Relations

FACT. FACT. FACT!!!!!

Comentario

Why don't you contact SKY yourself and ask, you will find out straight from the horses mouth. If you think Pleeky is making it up find out, simple.
              End of story.

Originalmente publicado por pleeky Ver Mensaje
              This is FACT, straight from BsKYB

Subject: generalForm
              Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:43:22 +0100
              To: pleeky@hotmail.com

Dear Mr Lease

Thank you for your email regarding Sky in Spain.

May I explain that Sky retails various packages of channels (some owned by Sky, but the majority being third party channels) to viewers in the UK and Eire under the terms of agreements which we have with the rights holders for those channels.

Sky does not have the right to broadcast the channels outside the UK and Eire and it is for this reason that our customer contract states that subscribers cannot take their viewing cards and receiving equipment abroad and use it to view Sky’s retailed channels. One exception to this is Sky News which is currently broadcast unencrypted across Europe.

There are many different satellite companies abroad, but any retailers abroad that are trading in Sky Satellite are trading illegally. I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Kind regards

Lauren Griffin
              Customer Relations

FACT. FACT. FACT!!!!!

Comentario

Television without Frontiers.

May I point out and repeat that according to the European Union Directive 89/552/EEC Television without Frontiers member states must ensure freedom of reception and may not restrict retransmission, also member states must allow major sporting events to be broadcast freely to the public.

Now I know that no-one takes any notice of Brussels but that´s the law!!!
                regardless of what Sky may say or think.

Comentario

I am pretty certain that the EU directive doesn't apply to encrypted PPV signals (including sports channels such as Sky Sports) as suggested by the response from BSkyB which confirm that the only signal which is freely available in Europe is the unencrypted Sky News channel.

BSkyB has also acknowledged that the reception of their service outside of the United Kingdom is in breach of their terms and conditions, although further probing resulted in the company admitting that they are not able stop the practice without a certain degree of detective work from independent parties and even if they do discover a breach of contract, the only action they would take is to deactivate the card associated with that contract.

They also confirm that any company that offers a service for profit to receive the BSkyB service outside of the United Kingdom is, in principle, operating illegally, no matter what MrSkyTV appear to claim. However they admit that stopping such a practice at the moment would be difficult although there are plans to initiate a crackdown subject to confirmation of the question of legality being issued by the EU.

On the issue of re-broadcast, having spoken with the BBC and ITV, no company outside of the United Kingdom is licensed to re-broadcast their content and any service doing so for profit can be charged with copyright piracy.

Comentario

Having read through this and many other threads on many other forums on the subject of British TV reception in Spain, I can't help but feel some pity towards those who appear to require television as their only source of comfort in this world, the old and infirm excepted.

I have lived in Spain for some years and have bravely resisted the urge to pay many hundreds of Euros to have mind-numbing soaps and inane reality TV shows beamed (illegally or not) into my home from my parent country. I consider myself to be fortunate to live in a wonderful part of the world bathed in many hours of sunshine with the sea and mountains within just a short distance travel. The last thing I would want to do is spend all my time holed up in my lounge watching television.

Where is the sense of integration? I drink in locals bars, buy my produce from local shops, support my local fiestas and generally enjoy my life in Spain. That said, whilst I don't want television to remind me just how awful the United Kingdom has become, it is refreshing to think that it can remind me just why I moved away!

Comentario

The posting was about the so called white knight, superbeam TV. I totaly agree with David S. The bloke who runs it is a complete arsehole. I phoned them a while ago enquireing about a TV package. He is the most ignorant bloke I have ever spoke to over the phone. He has now got a branch near Alfies bar at playa Golf. Be warned don't have anything to do with them.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por john H Ver Mensaje
                        Now that Telemicro has all but disappeared into the night. Along comes a "white knight" in the name of Superbeam tv. Are they the "real thing?" or are they another Telemicro? Apparently superbeam are agents of Hypercable innovations - so has anyone any further info on what to do next regarding obtaining english tv channels?
                        HELLO

SUPERBEAM ARE NOT AGENTS OF HYPERCABLE INNOVATIONS ANYBODY CAN RUN HYPERCABLE SOLUTIONS FOR TV AND IP AND TRIPLE PLAY.
                        Low cost and efficient solutions are the Sky Gapfiller same than the GTV Gapfiller.
                        On 100 square km one big dish only are shared for hundred of users receiving with a 30cm antenna the sky or another original contents. info@hypercable.fr

Comentario

Hi I have just come up from Gibraltar. I was talking to a TV centre manager who is working on a large rollout project for Azure tel and Telecom Med. He told me that Azure have just agreed licenssing through an independent broacasting group operating under Gibraltars Broacasting services, for the supply of services to the Costa's. they are using a licensed service that is also running on frequencies that are deemed to be legal and license free I presume 2.4 Ghz & 5 Ghz. Also they are supplying the TV channels and Internet and also Telephone as a bundle. I beleive they are starting work in december and plan to have the the following areas covered in the Costa Blanca - Los Montisinos, San Miguel, La Zenia, Campomor,Villa Martin,Playa Flamenca,Torrevieja, La mata, Quesada, Benijofar,

Apparantly there service will be bundled package which will be €50.00 per month but includes Internet and telephone and Television. if this is right it will make them much cheaper that telefonica.

I was told for the first three months any body who regiisters will get free install and equipment included. I beleive they will be launching in the local press shortly.
                          I recently got stung for TV using both Torresat and Pirate TV, So I am looking into this now. When I contacted Gibraltar last week to verify info I was told everyone who signs up will get Phone and 4MB Internet and TV.

I have asked what channels and they have advised that the following will be made available to all users covered within the monthly cost
                          BBC,ITV,C4,C5,Sky News Only,RTE Approximately 22 Channels. I asked again if there was any legal issues with these channels. They advised me that to rebroadcast these channels in spain is illegal however because Gibraltar falls under the UK they are fully licensed for use of english channels.Also they suppply there TV via IP (Internet) into each location so this also makes it legal as it is not deemed as rebroadcasted media.

Apparantly there will be a legal subscription option for Setanta,Movies etc that will be €12.

This will be great and is not illegal either. I asked how they were doing this and Gibraltar receives UK broadcasting under agreement. The organisations supply transmissions over IP so services subscribed or agreed through Gibraltar are legal for users who use the system.

Apparrantly Torresat has a CMT license but is using illegal frequencies and does not have a license from the BBC or ITV for the rebroadcasting of TV Channels.

If you need any more info let me know

DJG

Comentario

Who is next???

I have just had a very interesting heads up from my Spanish neighbour who is a retired inspector, it appears that a very large TV re-broadcaster is up for the chop very soon... I can think of three big players on the Costa Blanca, He does know which of the illegal pirate broadcasters it is. All I can say is think twice before paying for a rebroadcasted service as it may not be there next month, Telmicro ring any bells????

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X