Heating in the winter...!

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

I assume you mean the bio fires they are not cheap to buy mine cost me £700 however they are maintenence free and look fantastic, they are ceratinaly a talking point
    I know you can buy the oil from Dirk Smit in Alfaz de Pi because I went to the showroom they do have bio fires which are VERY expensive and Germadic looking.
    As for them taking off the chill it worked perfectly in the UK so no reason why it shouldn't here

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
      You could always go eco friendly we have a bio fire which burns wheat oil no fumes no smoke just plain heat we brought it over from the UK it was not cheap to buy but is very cheap to run a litre of wheat oil is around 4 euors and depending on the ambient temperature of your room lasts up to 6 hours. I have never had it on even in the cold old UK for more than 1 hour a night have a look at planika.com they have outlets in Spain and you can buy the oil here too

6 hours heating for 4 Euros sounds expensive for using every day ? I can't imagine one hour a day being sufficient over in Spain - what with tiled floors etc most people I know there use more heat than that.

Comentario

It does not get really cold down here. Much can be solved with a nice jumper.

I turn off my aircon from medi sep to ultimo mai, and controll the temperature with my windows. Perhaps 15-16 days from des to feb it was cold, and I then turned it on. Hardly shows on my electricity bill. The summer does, but I once promised myself that I should ALWAYS have enough money to be warm and always have enough to eat. Perhaps its just me, but I think that is the most important in life.

Comentario

Your house must be better built than ours perhaps you have double glazing!! Our first winter the temperature went down to 0 and we were rushing about buying rugs, duvets, and gasheater etc!!!! Now got it all sussed and I agree an extra jumper and a cuddly blanket while watching TV (luckily we have satellite) saves euros on the bills
          Today in the uk its as wet and dull as any winter day and can only get worse tomorrow on the bank holiday, can't wait to get back to Spain!!

Comentario

I've found that the longer you live here, the worst the winters seem to get, perhaps you become acclimatized, or it's a case of getting older and your blood getting thinner. We normally have the shutters open all day and once it starts getting dark, down come the shutters, that seems to trap a little heat into the house, and on go the fleecies. We do have aircon but only use it occassionally in the winter, we use it more in the summer to keep cool. I also have a radiator in the bathroom that goes on 30 mins/1hour before we have our baths/showers and that seems to help with condensation plus the fact it's nice and warm when you get out of the shower/bath.

Comentario

Info

Well I have air con with heating included, works ok if you're standing directly under the air flow or just wanna take the edge off the cold air, otherwise I recommend for a small room an oil filled rad - works beautifully for my bedroom, nice n snug in 10 mins. For larger spaces I'd recommend central heating - much more effective, costs more for installation, but after that relatively cheap compared to electric bills oyu'll get for having the air con on or a rad plugged in on full blast all day and night. I have info on a fully qualified guy if that's the way you choose to go.

Comentario

Infrared Heating panels are the best option they will save you money and they have great health benifits plus they prevent damp and mold.If you would like more information or a free demonstration please give me a call .Kevin 659 432 640 or 966 723 707

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Kevininfrared Ver Mensaje
                  Infrared Heating panels are the best option they will save you money and they have great health benifits plus they prevent damp and mold.If you would like more information or a free demonstration please give me a call .Kevin 659 432 640 or 966 723 707
                  Have you got a website so we can see what they look like?

Comentario

Our website is not working at the moment we are trying to have it fixed.If you would like to visit us in San Miguel de salinas, I will gladly show you all the designs and colours.

Comentario

This will be my third winter with the following heating arrangement

Low energy use flat panel electric radiators around the house.
                      Only really need to use the bedroom ones . Electric bill very low .
                      You can buy them relatively cheaply at all major Brico stores.

In the lounge I use a low odour parafin heater . No condensation noticed.
                      Cheap to buy at about 180 euros. Electric ignition.
                      Parafin usage low because I only need to have it ticking away on most of the cold winter days. A 35 euro container can last me two weeks !
                      Our lounge is like toast. Sit watching tv (when we had it ) without a jumper.

Two of my neighbours have seen my system working and have bought the same heater and panels . They are happy like me. Not a big expenditure for the excellent result .

Comentario

Yes but you are from Norway! 5 degrees and you go swimming ! jk

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
                          Yes but you are from Norway! 5 degrees and you go swimming ! jk
                          Nope!!
                          Just a normal Brit . (if there is such a person)
                          I do not like to be cold and I took advice from locals first .
                          It works in our houses so we are very happy .
                          Especially as it's cheap and easy to install and cheap enough to run .
                          What more could we ask for ???

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por tangobrian Ver Mensaje
                            Nope!!
                            Just a normal Brit . (if there is such a person)
                            I do not like to be cold and I took advice from locals first .
                            It works in our houses so we are very happy .
                            Especially as it's cheap and easy to install and cheap enough to run .
                            What more could we ask for ???
                            My reply was addressed to John73,

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X